Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Darkiron90

Speaker Specs For 2016 Base Model

The 1200 is the price for the sub/ box amp and cables and line out, No install. And that's me personally looking up the parts on crutchfield.
  2. Darkiron90

I can't find anything on sensitivity, geeze this was so long ago and I still haven't done it. I talked to an installer at abt in Chicago I know and he said the best im going to do is the JL and either the infinity amp that was listed earlier or a similar fosgate amp. But in his opinion with...
  3. Darkiron90

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

I had it done just because it's a lifetime warranty thru an authorized dealer. I think they sell sheets tho.
  4. Darkiron90

I just installed mine a few weeks ago. Freaking night and day. Specially when It comes to towing and corners. I really hope steeda comes.out with more stuff!!
  5. Darkiron90

I'm really interested in hearing how they do in the snow. The stock tires seem to lose alot of grip in the wet after about 25k.
  6. Darkiron90

Here is how dark they are tinted in the daylight. Sorry for the ****ty pics. The product is called Luxe Lightwrap. This guy does a good video on them.
  7. Darkiron90

I know exactly what you guys mean, usually when guys go the cheap route and do the VHT spray tint it's so dark you cant see the lights. I spent a year flip flopping over doing it and I finally did it. There is a brand out there that tints the lights but still let's 90 percent of the light show...
  8. Darkiron90

Gen 5 T-Rex Grille?

Hey, there is a guy on YouTube I believe metalcop or something. He did a full video of a shop doing his install. Maybe multiple videos I cant remember exactly. I think his is a 17. If I remember right it was more work than expected and he had to make some adjustments. I will try to find the...
  9. Darkiron90

What company made the spacers?
  10. Darkiron90

Finally someone giving love to NA!!!! 2 inch seems like a ton. I wonder if that effects anything in the geometry that adds to much stress to the suspension? I bet it looks really good tho. You should take a further back picture so we can see the full aggressiveness.
  11. Darkiron90

That makes me even more excited.now Haha. Do you have a non turbo? I figure it will sound pretty close to a.mustang with a 3.7 and the s type cat back.
  12. Darkiron90

How would you suggest I wire it? Do I bridge it?
  13. Darkiron90

Honestly I'm not sure, they call it W3v3-2 Dvm. Hers the link. JL Audio Stealthbox®
  14. Darkiron90

Roof Rail Separating

I will have to try that thank you!
  15. Darkiron90

Roof Rail Separating

Scrolling thru stuff on here the other day and saw this, just had it happen to me today on my 2017. Same location as you.
  16. Darkiron90

Awesome thank you! And DVC? Sorry if I seem ignorant of this kinda stuff....I can install it but I don t really know the ins and outside of frequency and such.
  17. Darkiron90

Are there any suggestions you have on what set up to get to do this? I'm 95% sure I'm getting the JL stealth box with 10 inch sub. 500 watts rms at 2ohms.
  18. Darkiron90

So far I've done a full detail by hand twice this year with their products. Once in spring and one just now. My method was kinda how they say on the website videos. Rinse car, wash car with 2 bucket method and micro fiber hand mit, dry with microfiber large towel, from there I pull the car...
  19. Darkiron90

I think we are misunderstanding each other Haha. I was hoping someone had instructions on the rest on the install. How and where they hooked the amp into the audio line. Mine would not have a factory amp from what I understand so I need a way to install the audio lines. Also I dont want to...
  20. Darkiron90

Stopped by performance unlimited today in ringwood IL. Talked to the owner Denny. I've been running into a bit of an issue finding a good exhaust set up and sound for the xlt non turbo. I love the sound of the borla s type but they do not make it for non turbo and as I was told very kindly by...
  21. Darkiron90

Yeah I thought so, I hoped someone knew of something else or just a box. As long as i can tell it's there and gives me a little more bass with some pop I'll be happy.
  22. Darkiron90

Disappointed with Stealthbox

Ok I have 2 questions Alpt, on the non sony system is there any way you can give me a step by step install for it? Like mainly running wires to the amp. And what else I might need for the set up. Also was it a really big difference in bass? And clear bass. Like 600 bucks difference? Lol
  23. Darkiron90

2019 special edition packages just announced

I agree somewhat, most the wheels are junk but I do really like the sport appearance wheels that come with that package.
  24. Darkiron90

I might have to try that stuff. I've been using chemical guys black car kit. Their black light (I believe it's a polish) says it fills in minor scratches and I have to say it seems to work pretty well. I use that with their jet seal and than the butter wax product and it makes the black look...
  25. Darkiron90

I appreciate that. Ive watched a bunch of the chemical guys how to videos. I'll have to watch some of the meguiars and compare.
Back