Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

8.5 lifted explorer!! 4inch body, 4.5 suspension with BTF arms

Besides that one there is two others that tight, I've been driving with that one untight for months with no problems but I'll try and fix it soon but I'm running the 315/70r17s and they are right around 35" tires
  2. B

And the 37s aren't rubbing maby a bit in the rear over bumps but the front is clear
  3. B

Yes I understand but mine came with 17s and I took off the 37s for now until I do more work I have the 315s on now and that nut is crossthreaded so I cant tighten it and the rear is around 8 and the rear axles are holding up with being around 4inch suspension lift 3.7inch total in the rear with...
  4. B

Ok I just put back on my 17s for now because like you said I need to do some work before I run those daily, I don't think my 315s are going to cause any problems right?
  5. B

Thanks was hard to figure out how to get it that high
  6. B

I'm still trying to understand I mean I think I get it but it's an auto? It seems to be shifting fine and going into the correct gear everytime I drive it, I haven't had any problems with this
  7. B

06-10 explorer/mountaineer knuckle, tie rods, front struts caliper brackets and brake caliper helps ease the lift (the knuckle ) and I have 37x12.5r22s
  8. B

7.5 inch lifted explorer 4.5 suspension 3 inch body

Yeah it holds up fine I'm waiting on my btf arms and they are coming this week. The brakes are bigger but the rotor will still be fine to use but with the stock arms it's not really good to drive on with the 2inch spacer but more lift is what I'm going for
  9. B

Yes, notice it's all steel the 06-10 ones are all steel and narrower for the ball joint
  10. B

Ok so look into the lower arms off of the 06-10 explorers
  11. B

315/70r17 and I have 06-10 explorer/mountaineer front struts, knuckle assembly, tie rod ends the whole front end suspension wise of an 06-10 explorer/mountaineer besides the upper arms but the knuckle assembly is a bit taller than 02-05 explorers/mountaineers so the btf arms will have a longer...
  12. B

Well got the body lift about done need to flip the front bumper piece around and waiting for btf arms. It'll look taller once the btfs are on, I have no suspension travel with the stock arms ****ed up but looks sweet other than that.
  13. B

Duner's 6" Lift Kit Group Buy Thread

Thanks man for the update
  14. B

4.5 suspension lifted 05 explorer

Sorry didn't mean to come off that way and im trying to not drive it until i get those btf arms
  15. B

Did you see my pictures the stock spindles for 3rd gen explorers are aluminum i don't have aluminum spindles
  16. B

Did you see my pictures the stock spindles for 3rd gen explorers are aluminum i don't have aluminum spindles
  17. B

I'm not using the 3 inch spacer yet i can't because nothing will work unless i fab up stuff for lowering the lower control arm from duner’s build. Im using the slightly taller spindles and the whole 06-10 explorer /mountaineer tie rod ends, spindle, front strut, calipers and the brackets. They...
  18. B

3"Suspension, 3"body ,and 285/75s :D

Check out my thread 4,5 lifted explorer i got some interesting things for you to look at on my build
  19. B

Well those spindles aren't that much taller and i haven't bought them yet. Because the btf arms may be an overall better choice. I just put that idea out there
  20. B

I Measured them with the measurements it had on the page looks like it'll work
  21. B

Well im waiting to save for btf upper arms because i can't get any relief from ball joint stress unless the extended ball joints will work in these stock upper arms
  22. B

I think it's total bull **** that no companies make that because it would be safe. How wouldn't it be safe. How are lift kits for other trucks safe?? Seriously and if someone has a cad program they could easily make it work because again it's total bullishit. These are trucks fully in and out
Back