Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

2011 Front Suspension Creaks

I hope that helps someone! The Monroe struts I installed apparently had a bad bearing causing the noise. They were replaced under warranty and the sound went away. There were so many other mechanical problems I gave up on it at 81,000 miles. I fixed it by trading it in on a 2017 Expedition...
  2. T

2011 Front Suspension Creaks

I realize this is a very old thread but I’m having similar issues on my 2013 XLT 4x4 with 80,000 miles on it now. It started with the drivers side strut spring pinging/clunking and visibly moving. I replaced both struts with the Monroe versions. Next, as it was slowly driven over speed bumps or...
  3. T

Front left coil spring movement

Thanks Keith. That’s exactly what I’m experiencing. I’ve never changed struts before (coil springs and shocks, yes) but it looks like I’ll be changing both front struts soon.
  4. T

Front-end pop noise on 2012 Explorer

Thanks. That’s exactly what’s going on.
  5. T

Front-end pop noise on 2012 Explorer

I can actually see my drivers side coil spring move while turning the steering wheel. It makes a clunk sound when it moves. Does that indicate a bad strut?
  6. T

Thanks for the Welcome Peter. As far as I can tell, you are correct. I couldn’t find anything on coil spring movement in the clunk threads.
  7. T

We recently noticed a couple of different clunking noises in the front end of our 2013 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 with 75,000 miles on it. I just replaced both front sway bar links with the Moog brand versions that can be greased. Both noises I was hearing happened when turning the steering wheel...
  8. T

New here

Just dropped in to say Hello and post a question. I’ve owned my 2013 Explorer since it was new. Now that it has 75,000 miles on it and I’m a DIY guy, I hope to have a great relationship here. Thanks for the site!
Back