Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

ABS B1342 Code Help

Got some additional codes pulled yesterday from a friend/mechanic. Ended up with B1316 pointing toward the battery saver relay coil short to ground. After researching the web and looking at my owner's manual I have been unable to find the location of the battery saver relay. Anyone know where...
  2. F

ABS B1342 Code Help

UPDATE: I was able to access the Engineer's Testing Menu and retrieved a continuous DTC of $D900. Seems to point to a generic communication error/issue. Anyone ever had this same type of thing happen?
  3. F

ABS B1342 Code Help

CharlieK9, thanks for the information. You are referring to the trip selector switch on the instrument cluster that is used to scroll through odometer information, correct? I held it down while turning on the ignition switch, but did not get anything different once the lights and accessories...
  4. F

ABS B1342 Code Help

Not sure on the exact age of the battery as it was in there when we bought the Explorer used (and the date was not recorded on top). That said, I had it tested at the local parts store and it came back good (actually had 10 more CCA than the specs). We have not had that many cold nights here...
  5. F

ABS B1342 Code Help

I have a 2009 XLT 4.0L V6 SOHC 4WD that my wife uses as her daily driver. She came home one day and parked after her commute with no issues; however, when we cranked the next morning the dash immediately lit up like a Christmas tree and alarms started sounding. The ABS, emergency brake, and...
Back