Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Heated seat element

Thanks for the reply. Hmm. Interesting. I believe you, but I have PremiumCare and it’s fairly comprehensive. My local dealership has covered everything so far. Maybe I can make an argument... I don’t see how something like this would be considered a normal wear and tear item, like brakes...
  2. T

Heated seat element

Can I ask what reason they gave? This seems like something that should be covered. It’s not a wear and tear item. Has everyone had the same experiences with PremiumCare? Or has anyone had their heater element fixed under warranty? Thanks
  3. T

2016 Explorer MFT Sync 2 Problem

Update: Ford agreed to swap out my APIM, covered under my Ford extended warranty. The dealership had my vehicle for a few days, ran a number of diagnostic tests, and finally got an error code that they needed to get Ford to agree to swap it out. Thank you jmr061 for the initial...
  4. T

Peter, thank you for these links. I have a call into the Ford dealership. I’ll update the thread when I hear back. This one amazes me, because the failure on the APIM seems fairly well-known, and there are a LOT of complaints. It also doesn’t seem to be 1) labor intensive to replace and 2)...
  5. T

Thanks. I have the Ford extended warranty, bought at the dealership. It’s been pretty good so far. I’ll speak with them tomorrow and I’ll update this thread when I have some news. It’s interesting to see how much is out there regarding the APIM problems. I’m really surprised they would not...
  6. T

Thank you! Would the APIM be covered under the extended warranty? They have had the car twice now, and they have told me they have contacted Ford and are awaiting an answer. As far as I know, there is nothing wrong with the car, (that includes the battery). In fact, I just had the car...
  7. T

Peter, Yes, I should have made my message a bit more clear. The message is indeed a “performing system maintenance” message. I can get the exact wording when I get back to my car if it’s necessary. I just got off the phone with Ford corporate and the person I spoke with told me they have not...
  8. T

Hey all, My InSync system now tries to update each time I start the vehicle. I’ll get in, start the car and the screen is black and remains black for 45 seconds to a minute or so. Once it pops up, the screen shows that it is trying to do a “performing system maintenance”, and there is a...
  9. T

Cabin Air Filter Replacement

Victory is mine! Used my Dremel to saw off the tip of the pin, and I was lucky enough not to break or damage the rest of the pin in any way. Finally was able to slide the pin out, take the glove box off, and change the filter. The filter tabs were surprisingly easy to remove. They popped...
  10. T

I am starting to wonder if the dealership replaced the cabin air filter when I had the co2 leak in the cabin. Maybe they hosed it when they put it back together. I have to pull out my invoice. That pin is wedged in there, and the more I look at it, the more I think something else is going on...
  11. T

UPDATE what year is your explorer? Mine is a 2016, and Ford was nice enough to put a rivet in between the two screws. So removing the screws doesn’t do it. Apparently, I also have to break those rivets and I am not about to do that. And no, they are not cosmetic. I took out the screws and...
  12. T

I tried this, and the pin would not budge. I will give it another go. Maybe I could smack it a bit harder. I was thinking of doing this, but I had not seen anyone else do this on the YouTube videos I’ve watched, nor did I read anyone suggest it until you. I thought maybe there was a reason...
  13. T

No worries, Peter. I wasn't sure how to let you know so I posted in the thread and also posted to your page. Thanks for getting back to me. Now, if you could just tell me how to get this damn pin out, I'll stop bothering you! HAHA! I'll settle for what direction I need to rotate the pin...
  14. T

Peter, Saw you moved then merged my thread to the cabin air filter thread. Thank you for the fix!

Peter, Saw you moved then merged my thread to the cabin air filter thread. Thank you for the fix!
  15. T

Peter, you merged my question about cabin air filter replacement with the engine filter...

Peter, you merged my question about cabin air filter replacement with the engine filter replacement thread. Could you please unmerge my thread and repost? Thanks!
  16. T

Peter, The thread you merged my thread with is titled “engine air filter replacement” . I can appreciate you wanting to keep the board clean, but I would think someone would NOT reply to my thread if they were not subscribed to it already. My problem/pictures are for the cabin air filter, not...
  17. T

What in the world was Ford thinking? Or am I missing something simple? Please look at the attached photos (all the same part, slightly different views to help). Based on what I have read and viewed on YouTube DIY videos, I am not the only person to find this difficult/impossible. There are...
  18. T

2011 Windshield Buzzing Noise

I had this exact problem and the cowl was replaced under warranty. This happened right after I purchased my 2016 Explorer, and it was covered under the new car warranty. I was not aware of any service bulletin at the time, however the dealership knew exactly what the problem was, told me...
  19. T

Front washer nozzle

I just had this problem on my 2016 explorer. One thing that I didn’t see in any of the pics... is there an easy way to pull off the hose from the elbow connector that heads into the driver’s side nozzle? I had very little slack when I pushed the disconnected hose through the hood access hole...
  20. T

Air Bag Light / Seat Belt Warning

Keith, Thanks for the reply. Your post/pic was the one I was referring to, so I was happy to see your reply. Does that connector pull straight out, or is there a release clip/latch? It looks like it will pull straight out. The dealership told me to look at the connector that is accessible...
  21. T

Can anyone help me here? What wires/connectors should I be looking at? Under the front seats, there is a large plug like the one in the picture posted above, however their is another smaller connector with a yellow tag that I can reach from behind both the driver and passenger seats. The...
  22. T

Thanks for the reply. Just got off the phone with the dealership, and they told me to check the wiring connections under the front seats. Disconnect and reconnect and see if the light returns. He also said that he has seen this problem quite a bit, and that no code is stored, so if the...
  23. T

Battery warning light turning on and off.. bad alternator?

It's been 2 weeks, and no return of the battery warning light. This problem looks like it has been solved. I will post any updates I have to this thread if necessary, but I hope that won't be necessary. Cheers!
  24. T

Hi all, I'm back again. My 2016 explorer has been having an intermittent airbag light issue. At first, I thought it was because we might set something in the passenger seat, but not put the seatbelt on... however, it has been occurring again, and now it is happening without anything being...
  25. T

Battery warning light turning on and off.. bad alternator?

I will update the thread in a few weeks and let everyone know how things look (assuming I’m not back before then). I also get frustrated when searching a forum like this, see a thread that has my issue, and the OP never returns to tell the board what happened, what worked, what didn’t, etc...
Back