Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

1998 XLT build :)

Welp the Ex-lady found some new dude to cheat with and needed me promptly out of the house to move him in so my baby is gone. RIP.
  2. B

Pitman arm replacement stock height

You know it's crazy to me. I'm not a mechanic but I consider myself pretty handy. I got the water pump off my 5.0 without breaking the bolts I'm working to the timing cover. Just got the spark plugs out my 3v mustang that break off in the engine and only broke one and successfully extracted it...
  3. B

To replace the seals. That's power steering fluid that spewed all out the bottom of the pittman arm shaft of the steering gear. Driveway is a mess
  4. B

I did and it didn't come off it got too tight for me to turn. I'm just going to take the whole steering gear off tomorrow. Got the idler arm off for room and still couldn't get it all the way off so I'm going to leave it attached and get the whole gear down my brain wasn't working I've never...
  5. B

This is where I'm at do I need a different size puller? Or am I not doing something correctly to have a good angle on it
  6. B

Thank you because I couldn't find anything.
  7. B

Yes. The very end of the puller I can get a wrench on but not a impact or ratchet the tip is hitting the front diff. I'm not sure if I need to take more things apart for room but I was trying to avoid needing an alignment or breaking anything.
  8. B

Maybe I can find a junkyard one that actually comes off
  9. B

Is it okay to use a pitman arm designed for a lift without being lifted. I cannot get the pitman arm off and people are saying to just cut it and replace but I cannot find a stock replacement being made anymore for my 93. Part number is f07a-3590-aa. I can find the skyjacker and other lifted...
  10. B

I was wondering how it was so dirty down here. Timing cover leak mixed with who knows how long an oil leak from the pressure sensor. Something else to replace it's piling up!
  11. B

Will do I remember I couldn't get it off to begin with without taking the water pump off. I want to replace all this stuff so bad but I'm going to do it in chunks. Now my biggest fear looking at it is I'm going to replace all this then have that cooler fail and mix with the oil 😑
  12. B

I just drained the oil getting ready to do it. In the haynes manual it says something about trans convertor access door? I was looking under and saw these bolts? Do I have to separate the transmission from the engine?
  13. B

Is it this?
  14. B

Thank you yeah I need to get some gloves brake cleaner getting in your busted knuckles really stings 😂. I've seen people say you can bump the starter with a breaker bar against the frame which sounds kinda risky and I've seen other videos of people just using an impact on it (not sure if I can...
  15. B

Getting closer. Water pump off no broken bolts After I torched them and the thermostat housing off and cleaned up. I’m like 99% sure l it was the original thermostat that came in the car I think it got stuck closed it took me like 10 minutes to pry it out of the housing it was seized with scale...
  16. B

The connector and timing cover gaskets are in the mail :) . Such a headache but will be that much more reliable when I'm done
  17. B

93 pittman arm seal blew out

Thank you that was a great overview I can knock it out now just waiting for the parts to come in mail
  18. B

I couldn’t get it to focus but bare copper wire on the crankshaft position sensor? Is probably not good right?
  19. B

Thank you. I'll try the bearing and seal first.
  20. B

Is it okay just to get a new seal and put it in attached to the truck or should I get a reman unit and replace the whole box. It's leaking horrible there and then a very small amount is coming from bottom of power steering reservoir... No other leaks and power steering is fine with fluid...
  21. B

1993 explorer 4wd. Plugged vacuum tree port?

Anybody know what this is and why it would be plugged and unhooked? I heard it hissing under the hood when hot. I looked at my parts truck and a long hose runs from that part on the fender to that vacuum tree but I don't know why it's unhooked on my X.
  22. B

My WIP '99 Explorer

How many miles?
  23. B

it had sat under a tree for years before I bought it and the clear coat or whatever that’s on the rims was worn off and nasty looking so I painted the rims bumper and lower rocker area black to make it look like something. I want to get it gloss black all around before it's all said and done. I...
  24. B

Still alive and kicking. Back to changing the water pump so I can get her running again. Got used to driving my 93 with all the snow 😅
Back