Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

5r55 servo cover stuck

Update: I got the cover off. It took some effort. The piston is in good shape and the bore hasn't been sleeved. I was sort of hoping the piston was damaged, but it wasn't. I guess I jumped the gun on that, oh well. I loosened the band adjuster and was able to turn it more than 3 times, it was...
  2. S

5r55 servo cover stuck

Quick update: I drove it around some more and did a brake stand and revved to the stall, then I did a few WOT 0 to 50 laps. The cover moved out about a 1/4" and it's weeping transmission fluid now. Only thing is it's coming out crooked. I'm going to let the weeping transmission fluid soak around...
  3. S

5r55 servo cover stuck

I have it soaking with penetrating oil since last night, hopefully that might do something. I took a wire brush and cleaned as much of the corrosion as I could. It is very corroded, the snap-ring was very rusty. I was thinking about lowering the transmission, but I might take the cat off first...
  4. S

5r55 servo cover stuck

Hello, I have acquired a 2004 Ford Explorer with transmission issues. I believe the issue is related to the servo pistons/bores. I decided to see if I could remove them to see if there's any visible problems. I have the snap-ring off for the OD servo cover, but I can't get the cover off. It's...
Back