Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Advice on dealing with a dealer?

question for anyone that has tried to fight the dealer on the cost of a repair. Long story short I got an oil change and tire rotation today, they come out after the tire rotation to tell me I need a “broken” lug bolt replaced for $80. They didn’t end up having one in stock so I have to return...
  2. J

V6 and a travel trailer

Yeah I’ve done a bunch of reading on the frontal area recommendations, in the owners manual it has a 40 square feet limit, but the fwd explorer is limited to 20 square feet. I find that hard to believe, because even small trailers have more than 5x4 frontal areas. I’m sure it would lower mpg if...
  3. J

V6 and a travel trailer

Yes it has the factory towing package. I ran the vin through that ford website I’ve seen posted on here before to check. It stated “class 3 towing” on it.
  4. J

V6 and a travel trailer

Purchased a 2016 explorer AWD V6 back in November and now we are small camper shopping. Ideally I would like a Jayco 154 or 174 bunk house. The 154 is about 2600 dry, 3400 wet, with the 174 about 400lbs more on both. I have the class 3 towing and a weight distribution hitch already, but I need...
  5. J

Is an Extended warranty (ESP) worth it?

I would actually appreciate that, I checked their website and it was upwards of 2600 for 100k and the max deduction. I would be interested if he can get me a better price. I’m not sure if I can have Ford look at before I buy it because Carmax uses their own mechanics for everything and I...
  6. J

Is an Extended warranty (ESP) worth it?

Im finally finishing the purchase of a 2016 XLT tomorrow at Carmax. I’m purchasing the vehicle from Carmax for about 28k with 35500 miles on it. The powertrain warranty should be good up until 60k as I understand but the bumper to bumper will expire by next week. Carmax offers a full warranty...
Back