Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

2.3L guys. What have you done to yours?

The K&N was great. It made all the noises I wanted :) and a tune is a must... it woke up my 2.3 greatly, but fine a custom tune not a shelf tune
  2. T

That's BS. Lol tell them you sold a kit to someone and they just had to cut the hoses to fit and it mounted to battery tie down
  3. T

Just email jlt they will hook you up that's what I did
  4. T

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Installed a magnaflow exhaust on my 2.3 ecoboost.
  5. T

Copy paste from the what did you do to your explorer thread K&N and JLT Catch Can: Found some yucky while I was installing the catch can. fun...: Those were cylinders 2 and 3, the dirtiest. ..... Install was very similar to the focus RS. Hardest part was getting the hose off of the...
  6. T

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Haven't posted here yet. I have done a few things recently to my 16 2.3L XLT First purchased October 19th 2019: K&N and JLT Catch Can: Found some yucky while I was installing the catch can. fun...: Those were cylinders 2 and 3, the dirtiest. NGauge + a 5star tune. What a...
  7. T

JHO Rear Tailgate LED Lights

Looks really cool, but since it is not local, that is a huge risk. big stuff like that is tough to ship overseas unless they pack it REALLY well. Even then if there is an issue forget about it lol
  8. T

Steeda's New Lowering Springs

Good to know, so non-sport guys will see about .9 inch more of a drop
  9. T

Good to know, thanks! Curious as to what steedas springs drop is relative to
  10. T

I installed a k&n so far. Ordered a catch can from JLT and an ngauge tuner plus some tunes from 5 star tuning. JLT catch can will be a trial run to see how it fits. It's going to mount on my battery hold down.
  11. T

These are designed to work well with the stock struts/shocks? The lowering amount is that based off of Sport trim explorers or the other trims? Not sure on ride height differences between base/xlt/limited/platinum but I know Sports are definitely lower.
  12. T

thanks! Tune is definitely planned so the K&N should help. It looks like JLT wants a 2.3l explorer to test with so they can develop some things. " Brandon, We’re interested in them ALL. We’re really looking for the new 3.0 also, feel free to share that. Free parts for anyone who lets us...
  13. T

Wife and I needed an SUV, and we got a great deal on a fully loaded 16 XLT with the 2.3L EB engine. The extra torque and fuel economy seemed like a nice bonus, as this is going to be our family trip car, and sometimes my commuter to work. Anyway, I cannot seem to find much for the 2.3L besides...
  14. T

2016+ low speed surging

Do you just drive like an ass to clear it out?
  15. T

Solved Comparing LED bulb to my old Halogen bulb - Explorer 2013

This is a great test. I hate when I tell people that LEDs are NOT brighter than halogens when the LEDs are put in halogen housings, and they say "omfg it looks brighter". Looks don't matter, its all in the numbers. If you want brighter lights, retrofit some HID Projector housings and then...
  16. T

Shopping for an Explorer!

Hi guys, Decided to join since I'm in the market for an SUV... Why not the iconic Ford Exploder? But seriously. The ecoboost 2016+:sport/Platinum have caught my eye and I've been looking at a few. Hope to read around here to see if there are any issues I should be aware of when looking at...
Back