Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

K&N CAI for 2009 4.6 Adrenalin

While not sure on numbers, my understanding is that all the K&N CAI does for our trucks is make them louder, no performance enhancement. I suppose if you are going full stage 2+ it might help as a support mod, but other than that just not worth the expense. YMMV
  2. G

Sounds and feels like rumble strips

Well here's a curious thing. I swapped out the stock exhaust for a Magnaflow catback last weekend, and ever since, the truck runs much smoother, and I have not had the rumble strip effect since then.
  3. G

Magnaflow catback install question

Well, the weather was perfect for wrenching yesterday, so I spent the day on my back in the driveway. Well worth it though, the Magnaflow sounds so much better, it actually sounds like I drive a V8 now. As a bonus, smoother pedal response and slight bump in the seat-of-the-pants-o-meter as far...
  4. G

To any who come across this post in the future and need this info, I found this, WALKER® EXHAUST SYSTEMS :: E-Catalog Lookup I am assuming this is the right gasket, WALKER® EXHAUST SYSTEMS :: E-Catalog Lookup ordering now, I will only reply again to this post if there is something to add...
  5. G

Need new Rims 2007 limited

If it were me, I'd go to the closest tire store and see what they have to offer. They should be able to get the offset and everything else right. You will also need to swap over the TPM sensors from the old rims to the new ones, again a reputable tire shop should be able to take care of that...
  6. G

tire pressure monitor.

Not sure on blocking it out, but you could have your TPM sensors swapped over to the new rims you are running.
  7. G

I'm installing a magnaflow catback on my 07 ST V8 this weekend and am not sure if there is a crush gasket needed between the cats and the new catback section? Anyone who has done this install have any tips?
  8. G

Sounds and feels like rumble strips

I can't say I have a solution for you, but I have the same model year and mine does the same thing from time to time. So far, I haven't worried about it too much. If I find I'm in an area that it keeps happening because of the speed limit, I just drop out the OD. I'll be curious as to what...
  9. G

trying to find replacement rocker panels for my 07 Sport Trac. Any suggestion?

Can't help, but I would think a good autobody place could patch in fresh metal and make a seemless job of it.
Back