Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Fuel gauge/light issues

Thanks, the truck is getting a full rebuilt transmission now, when I get that done I will drive it some with the Techron and see if the problem still exists. I will also check the codes then.
  2. R

Solved Transmission servo piston shaft broke in the bore.

Original pins/servos. The transmission is being torn down as we speak, full rebuild with all the better aftermarket parts if possible. Now I need to prepare for all of the other possible things that will show up on this vehicle including rear wheel bearings. I have heard that these go out...
  3. R

Had to throw in the towel on this one. The break occurred so close to the end of the thing that there is not even enough there to catch any of the threads. I hope that it can be accessed by pulling the pan and the valve bodies then pushed out.
  4. R

Fuel gauge/light issues

Thanks, will do when I get a chance. I did put some Techron 2 in the tank which is supposed to help with possible sulfur deposits that may cause this problem.
  5. R

This is an example from another part of this thread on the forum. I am guessing that mine looks about the same.
  6. R

xlt03, I saw that you are on the forum now, hoping that you will see this. I just broke the end off while getting ready to install the new servos and your fix seems like the best thing going without having to do anything major. Any other tips? I will go to the hardware store tomorrow and pick up...
  7. R

Fuel gauge, empty on start up, slowly goes up, intermittent problem...

Same here, hoping someone has an answer or a fix for this problem.
  8. R

Fuel gauge/light issues

2002 Explorer. Intermittent failure of the fuel gauge and light on the instrument panel. This issue just started happening this week. Gauge reads empty and the warning light to check gauges comes on. No relation to outside temperatures. Seems to happen when the vehicle has been sitting...
  9. R

Help with Sonnax Servo replacements...

Ordered the kit. Will see if it helps. Maybe do the install on one of my "free" days in October. I will let you guys know how it goes then.
  10. R

Help with Sonnax Servo replacements...

2002 Explorer has some intermittent transmission issues. This vehicle has 121k, and has been garaged/well cared for since new. All suggested maintenance has been kept up over the years. The problems that I am having have pretty much been occurring since 30k or so miles. Transmission shifts...
  11. R

Hi, I have an issue with an 02 defrost/no go...

Mountaineer, I agree now. I have just finished reassembling the dash and related on my Explorer and it seems like everything is working as it should. There is however a noticeable difference as of late with regard to de-fogging and ice build up. I suspect that there is an issue with the a/c side...
  12. R

Checked and all of the arms to the actuators as mentioned above are ok and functioning with full movement when the selector is moved around. I have a lot apart so I can see pretty well the actions of the arms and the blend door. Now are you saying there is some other door up by the vent openings...
  13. R

Just found this forum, may be useful in the future. I have an 02 that recently shown a problem with the defrost. No not the typical stuck on defrost but the other way around, not much flow at all. I have taken a sections of the dash apart to have a better look at things. The 3 vacuum motors...
Back