Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Help Code P0117 after replacing parts

Oh I will have to look at it to see if it dose have that brass valves. And I was wondering the whole time because I hooked it up to the computer and it’s only ready at 170 coolant temp the highest. Mades me wonder if that thermostat that I bought is not meeting the OEM requirements. I might have...
  2. R

Yes i did once i put on the code went away but came back with the most current one. And rattler? Not quite sure what you mean by that.
  3. R

No just warm but once It does reach its higher rpms It gets warmer but not hot.
  4. R

I went ahead and purge the car and that didn’t help. But i did noticed that the coolant was just warm and not hot. Do you think the thermostat is not reaching its point to open up properly or could be that is not the right spec? My only hope now is when i replace the water pump. It will get rid...
  5. R

no i did not purge it and the reservoir it still pretty full. I’m gonna purge as we speak hope that works. And the car has been leaking a little bit from the water pump which I’m replacing this weekend as well.i will keep you posted if the purge helped.
  6. R

Hello I Have a 98 Mercury mountaineer v8. And recently I replaced both the engine coolant temp sensor and the engine coolant sender sensor along with the thermostat. The reason why replaced them is a few months ago here in Arizona we got hit with a few heavy sand storms that brought down...
Back