Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

1996 Explorer Sport Linkage Problems

Wow! Thanks for the reply... I will take your advice! Thanks again!
  2. H

1996 Explorer Sport Linkage Problems

Just recently started in one day. Check engine light on always. My transmission itself is fine. No problem shifting (automatic), But after it starts out in 1st, I have to let off the gas for it to shift into 2nd. After that, fine...except, if I get on a highway and go over 40, my overdrive light...
  3. H

Blinker Buzz!

Thanks all! I'll check it out and see what happens!
  4. H

Blinker Buzz!

Just in the last couple of days I am getting this buzzing sound when I switch on my right blinker. When it buzzes, the blinker won't work. I traced the buzz to a square yellow box under the steering column just above where you plug your code reader in. It has wires going into it. Can someone...
  5. H

'96 Washer Pump Relay Info

For those interested I finally fixed my front washer pump. It was a ground wire & the plug going into the pump. I just hooked the ground wire to the side wall and wired in 2 cheap connectors to the washer pump (the plug costs $51 dollars at Autozone!). That blew my mind. I have diagrams below...
  6. H

1999 Explorer XLT. Washer pump issue.

I guess they change things around. In my layout on my '96 Explorer Sport it shows relay box 1 by the battery and relay box 2 under the air filter. Now I am really confused. All the relays work as does the pump. My positive wire to the pump is no good. I want to rewire it but I am having problems...
  7. H

Trying to fix some simple things on '96 explorer Sport?

Okay, two problems solved! Number two was the marker light. Found the problem. Bad ground wire. So I fixed that real quick. If you ever have a blinker that blinks way too fast it could be a bulb but probably faulty ground! Now if I can find again where the front washer pump relay is....
  8. H

Thanks Keith! I don't know what it is but I reattached it. All of those lights worked before except for the side mark lamp. I work better when I'm foncused! lol
  9. H

That's funny...I'm originally from Dewey, Ok! lol
  10. H

That answers one question! Thanks yavapaires! I attached the full diagram for you. I got it from the Ford dealership for free!
  11. H

One, what is the spring button on the passenger side wall in the engine compartment that makes contact with the hood closed? I thought it was for the light to see the engine but when I start to close the hood the light goes off without even touching the switch. Two, front right marker light...
  12. H

Washer Pump Continued...

So, I took out the washer reservoir and there is no relay box under there. Put everything back together and checked all my relays in the horn relay. They all honked. Next I cleaned out all my relay boxes with electrical spray. Checked again. Same, no working washer. I took out my multi###tion...
  13. H

Washer Pump Continued...

My vehicle is a '96 Ford Explorer Sport 4x4 6 cylinder...Okay, Now I boiled it down to an electrical problem somewhere... I found my relay box #1 (thanks to a Ford Dealer printout) behind my battery on the side wall and found my front and rear relays for the washers/wipers. I switched the relays...
  14. H

Multi Function Switch

I'll try that deadernie. And when I meant bending the stock I just menat making contact. I read that sometimes after some use some stalks don't make contact. 1st I'm gonna switch front and back pump lines if I can find the where the back pump line comes out to the engine? Kinda raining cats and...
  15. H

Washer Pump Lines

Question... I need to check to see if my front washer pump is bad and the 1st step is to switch the front and back pump lines. My question is... where does the back pump line come out in the engine compartment? I traced the two lines from the front pump up to my firewall which I assume both go...
  16. H

Washer Pump

I'll try that tomorrow. Thanks for the info!
  17. H

Multi Function Switch

How do yo get in there and bend a stalk on the multi function switch? My front washer pump unit (blades do) does not work and I want to see if that is the problem. If it isn't, it's gotta be a pump replacement. Checked relays in aux relay and pulled both of them and my wipers up front still...
  18. H

Washer Pump

Update... I'm kinda confused. I have been studying washer repair on here so here it is. Checked fuses. No problem there. I found my aux relay box and pulled both of the relays for front and back washers and the back still pumps water? Why is that? I read that if it isn't a bad pump in front it...
  19. H

Washer Pump

Thanks for the info!
  20. H

Rectangle Bumper Lights

I thank you all!
  21. H

Washer Pump

I'm trying to figure out a problem with my front washer. My rear washer works fine. Squirts great. My front won't do a thing when I press the button, just the wipers work. I blew out the lines...nothing clogged. So, I am figuring it must be the pump has gone bad unless the front and rear are on...
  22. H

Rectangle Bumper Lights

Dumb question...need answer! lol What is the correct name for the rectanglar lights at the the bottom of the front bumper on a '96 Ford Explorer Sport 4x4? Thanks for any answers...
  23. H

No Window Power!

I have a 1994 Explorer XLT and both back windows lost power and won't roll down. The front windows work. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Could it be the wiring or bad connect? Thanks for any help!
  24. H

ABS light problem with an 01 Explorer Sport after replacing the front brakes.

It's been awhile since I replaced my front brakes and I have bled my lines several times. I've bled the lines several times because my ABS light came on now and then. Now, my light stays on constantly and in the last couple of days when I just start out in my 94' Explorer my brake pedal will...
  25. H

Brake Proportional Valve

Does anyone have the diagram of a 1994 Ford Explorer brake proportional valve, which lines on the side go where? The two on top come from the master cylinder and the back line on the side go to the rear brakes at the axle I think. I have to change out that line. It busted on me while I was...
Back