Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Engine swaps Explorer direct fit? V-6 Current to Ranger 4 cylinder for MPG

I was also told by a guy who does engine swaps (he could do this) He may be able to keep the computer in the explorer cause it has the same numbers as the one in the donor ranger... I am not computer savay but he said he could flash the info (or copy it). He told me there have been changes made...
  2. J

I do not know about the Chevy Motor, this is a limited amount of room for this SUV in the engine compartment. Unfortunately you cannot stuff anything in there. You can hardly fit the 4.6 or 5.0 in there and it almost has to be pulled from another explorer to fit. Now unless you are MR WIZARD and...
  3. J

My quest for 30 MPG - Ford Explorer Gas Mileage Tips

ok I found my tips to improve MPG. Make sure brakes/ calipers are not dragging, make sure wheel bearings are lubed well, make sure U joints are lubed every oil change (unless you don't have fittings like mine) make sure rear end in filled properly (in case of 4x4 check transfer case and carrier...
  4. J

I wonder if adding a modified skid plate under the vehicle to smooth out wind underneath would make a difference? I am going to remove the roof rack I never use it.
  5. J

I got the 2003 Explorer Sport (shorty) 2dr 5 speed manual 4.0 v-6, sad thing is this motor gets just a smidge better than the 5.0 and 4.6 v-8s. Fortunatly it is a rwd not 4x4 and it is lighter than a bigger 4 door model. So I average using fingers and toes and a #2 led pencil abt 18-19 MPG...
  6. J

I cannot honestly say I would ever buy any NEW crap they sell now unless it was a Toyota. I need things I can see were proven to run. That said an engine replacement is not really all that hard apples for apples. It is when you start swapping other motors around. At 53 I have done two motor...
  7. J

Solved Still NO brakes!

So does the e brake work? yes I am a spoiler. Too many people over look this. If your Emergency brake (aka Parking brake) does not work fix it soon. You never know when you might need that, but in your case you may have already been using it. Some times it is as easy as a little lube and working it
  8. J

If it ain't broke don't 'fix' it.

If it ain't broke don't 'fix' it.
  9. J

2003 Ford Explorer sport (2dr hardtop) 5 speed 4.0 with abt 130,000 miles. It has no issues as of right now. I have looked into the engine swaps (most folks go for power and bigger) I know most of these swaps are either a direct Explorer (or explorer equivalent Mountaineer/Aviator or Ranger) So...
Back