Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

APIM swap for navigation 2022 Explorer

You can purchase the APIM here 2020-2023 Ford Explorer Sync 3 APIM Sync Module GPS Navigation Upgrade Maybe try to contact them and see if they have an install video for your vehicle Every other ford that has sync 3 and you upgrade to add nav it's just plug n play, no programming needed by...
  2. I

2024 ST: I think I'm gonna go for it

I just picked a leftover 23 to replace my 21. The chip shortage has forced the deletion of some items, like the small temp display on the front hvac control panel, it's now on the very top of the sync display, the hands free liftgate is gone, it's still power but now you have to push the button...
  3. I

'20 - '24 billet grille from eBay?

Meh...not bad, but I still like the ST grill better.
  4. I

Something I found with my ST re Easy Entry / Exit

If you have a manual trans behind it, you could always push start it
  5. I

Wheel Interchange (other vehicles w/5x114.3 70.5)

They were on the 13-14 edge sport. They a 22x9's and the black and polished version is how they came from the factory. I found a set powder coated gloss black on ebay for 1800. Another 250 to have them modified to fit and another 1900 for the tires 285/40/ZR22 Continental Contisport Contact 5P...
  6. I

I looked up the hub bore size for the gen 3 explorers and it is 70.5, so yes to run those wheels, you will need to have them opened up. You're in CA, I'm guessing somewhere in SoCal? If I can find a shop in Cleveland to modify the wheels and CLE has a population of less than 400K you can...
  7. I

Ok, so the wheels are from a gen 5 and you're putting them on a gen 3, correct?
  8. I

What vehicle did they come from? And what vehicle are you putting them on?
  9. I

No you can't. If you find a set of wheels you really have to have but the hub bore is too small, you only have two options. 1 get a set of custom wheel spacers that have the correct hub bore on the back for the vehicle and a smaller register on the front to fit the hub bore of the wheels you...
  10. I

'shifter'

my 21 has them also
  11. I

Will The 2024 Ford Explorer Get Any Powertrain Updates?

It won't fit, I measured under the hood way back in 19 when the gen 6 explorers first hit the lot, and the coyote is too wide. You would have to move the strut towers and the fender wells to make it fit, and I don't see ford doing that, especially since ICE engines are being phased out. A better...
  12. I

With auto start/stop delete, will battery last longer?

The start stop was not deleted until 22, and only on 2.3L equipped explorers, so basically the base model, XLT, ST line, and limited. The ST, platinum, and king ranch still get it.
  13. I

Delete rear seatbelt fault code in forscan ?

I have an ST and they don't have the boost gauge either. AFAIK no explorer does.
  14. I

New 2023 ST

There is, thru forscan.
  15. I

Possible Explorer EV Teaser Preview?

I'd say yes, that looks to be a full EV explorer.
  16. I

New 2023 ST

I don't expect to see sync 4 in the explorers until the refresh. The current EX's came out in mid 19 as 20 and sync 3 was the latest and greatest at the time. And sync 4 has a larger screen so that may require an interior redesign, so don't expect any new tech on an existing design.
  17. I

How-To: Adding Hands Free Liftgate Late '22 and '23 explorer

I think you had to input the 4 because the module you used came from a 21, even tho yours is a 22 and should get a 5. I dunno, makes sense to me.
  18. I

Replacement Tires

Try looking at a 275/50/20 they are slightly wider and just a hair shorter at 30.8" Real close to the 31" 255/55/20 and since it's a common size, there are plenty of choices available.
  19. I

Replacement Tires

A 255/50/20 is .9 inches shorter actually. The 255/50 lists at 30.1" tall vs the 255/55 lists at exactly 31". Stick with a tire in the 30.5 to 31.5 range, anymore than that and your speedo calibration will be off.
  20. I

Replacement Tires

The michelins are ok in the winter, but where I live they are good enough. You're up in MI so you might want to look for a better A/S tire that has a better winter rating than the stock michelins. When my michelins wear out I plan to replace them with dedicated winter tires. I have a set of...
  21. I

Cell Phone Cubby Wedge

I have a custom 3d printed bracket that holds my phone next to the screen. As of now the only have them for the 10.1" vertical screen but they are working on a version for the small screen. Install was simple, just remove the one bolt on the back that holds the screen in place put bolt thru hole...
  22. I

Grille Interchangeable? [Except Timberline]

AFAIK you are correct all the grills except the timberline are interchangeable. There are only two basic designs, the XLT, limited, king ranch grill. And the ST-line, ST, and platinum. The XLT, limited, KR grill is the same other than the amount of chrome used. The ST, platinum grill is also...
  23. I

200 Miles and already disappointed.

I second this. Everyone I know who has a ford that takes the vehicle to a Lincoln dealer has had good results. I think it may be that they are smaller and have less traffic thru the service dept so they can provide better service.
  24. I

Any gun mounts....

Ford Accessories sells a console vault for the 2020+ explorers. https://accessories.ford.com/products/explorer-2020-2021-console-vault-vehicle-safe-1
Back