Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Parting Out 96 V8 Limited :(

I posted in the other thread on the seats.... Will you sell the console lid? Thanks
  2. S

Complete 96 Limited Leather interior

sell just the console cover?
  3. S

Some private NC wheeling *LOTS OF PICS*

i work in the shop too. We are in the off season right now, we dont start back for another couple weeks.
  4. S

wheelbase is 112, pretty much perfect for the 40s and the terrain out here. SUPER stable. Im a Jackman on a NASCAR pit crew. Advil sponsored one of our cars last season, we got a new sponsor this season and so there were some more decals left over. They ended up on mine and my buddies 4runner...
  5. S

i do. Not a whole ton, I do alot of lurking though.
  6. S

it all depends on what kind of riding im doing. I was running about 6 in those pics. That rear one folds up pretty good in that pic, lol. Yea that camera guy was on point that day. He got alot of good shots.
  7. S

it just happens that way some times.
  8. S

Went out to some private land here in NC to have a little fun yesterday. It was a cold day, but fun was had all across the board. Got a ton of pics.
  9. S

big hype about flat black

just FYI... Its not the paint thats flat. The base coat is the same as any other color on any normal vehicle. Its the clear coat that is flat. If you just paint it flat black it will have no sheen to it whatsoever, but if you do it right with the flat clear coat, it will have a sheen to it that...
  10. S

Calling all NC Wheelers!!!!!!!!

If anyone wants to head to URE april 25-27th I will be there. Just PM me and let me know and we can meet up. I will be in my red truck.
  11. S

95exploderboy's Full Width SAS

Little late...but the SX has a 10 ply sidewall. They are damn near indestructible tires.
  12. S

Tellico run 08 is a no go!!! What are we gonna do????

We can always do River Rock if Tellico falls through. Grey Rock will SUCK for guys that arent built. Simple as that. That place is not a stocker friendly place. Depending on the size of the group we can get, we can schedule our own weekend at River Rock and have it whenever we want. Otherwise...
  13. S

31's TT/Shackles, wheel spacers?

depends on if its a DD or a wheeler. If its a DD i wouldnt run spacers unless you are TEDIOUS about checking them for torque and wear on other parts. If its a trail only rig...run them if you need them. I have them at all 4 corners on my toyota and have never had a problem with them. Tons of...
  14. S

lets get a list together of who is driving what and what they have build wise. That way we can make a decision on who wheels where. I would recommend a break at the 35" Tire, locked front and rear limit. Anyone above will be OK with good spotting and good chance of body damage (obviously Lower...
  15. S

If the time works for me, Ill tag along. I'm up for lower 2 (if its still open at that time).
  16. S

Approach to Slickrock. There is more to it than this. It goes down a bit further too. Lower 2 Guardrail
  17. S

Just as in insight to some things.... There are NOT bypasses to alot of the trails. Slickrock does NOT HAVE a bypass. The left side of the actual rock is easy...the approach to the rock DOES NOT. It is not a joke. Also the ledge at the top of slickrock....NOT A BYPASS. This ledge is also not a...
  18. S

Calling all NC Wheelers!!!!!!!!

Here are a few shots from my pre-harlan shakedown run up daniel this past weekend. Its not as hard as everyone makes it out to be. We had a stock tj on 31s follow us the whole way (obviously not taking the same lines, but he did it nonetheless). He had no problems. The TJ:
  19. S

'97 V8 D60/70HD swap.....finally

Any plans to lower it some or is that your final ride height?
  20. S

I could really use some advice on switching to 35s

what size tire are you wanting to run?
  21. S

if its a 4wd you have to gear both ends. If its a 2wd you dont have to do anyhting to the front since there is no diff up there.
  22. S

Andy has a rack full of 8.8s too. All different ratios, LS, etc. Call him if you cant find one in the yards.
Back