Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

1999 FORD EXPLORER 4.0 NO SPARK

Everything that has been replaced has been of my own accord. everyone on here has been extremely helpful in their advice as to where to start and what to try. no one said I had to replace anything. this vehicle has been a pain in the butt since day one, and it may be why the people who owned it...
  2. J

fortunately I had access to a donor vehicle so the pcm, keys and halo didn't cost anything, I got real lucky because it was the same year make and engine as well as the same serial number on the pcm
  3. J

well I replaced the cam sensor, but not the synchronizer, and it is still doing the same thing, the old cam sensor didn't show signs of wear or anything on it. when I replaced the pcm I also replaced the keys, and the halo aswell.
  4. J

ok, so im just about to give up on this vehicle. I know once I figure out the problem its going to be simple, but I ended up replacing the pcm, keys and what not, and it still does the exact same thing as it did before, any other ideas?
  5. J

unfortunately I don't know anyone around with the same vehicle, I thought about that.. as far as the now power to the coil, at first I pulled a plug wire off to see if I was getting spark, and had nothing, so I pulled the plug off that powers it, and the red wire that is suppose to have power...
  6. J

yes I took both of the connectors off, cleaned them put some dielectric grease on them and put them back on, and made sure they were tight, I tested all of the fuses, they were all good, but I just went ahead and replaced all of the fuses and relays, just to eliminate that possible issue.
  7. J

when I put the scanner on initially there was a bunch of codes, but I think they were old codes. they were mainly for the air bag, door ajar, low battery and a few other ones, but none of them pertained to the functionality of the engine. I have a 99 f150 that was doing the same thing as my...
  8. J

the check engine light does come on, when the key is on and when you crank it goes out. I down loaded a diagram of the pcm connector and pin 55 shows its keep power alive b+ so im not sure if that's constant power to the pcm, or if there is suppose to be power at some other wire for the pcm to...
  9. J

ok so I finally got around to checking the pcm harness and I only have power to pin 55 with key on nothing else. should there be power else where on that harness? or could it just be that the pcm is shot
  10. J

well I did all of my tests still had no power to the ignition coil, nor to the mas, so I hooked up one of my coworkers snap on scan tools and it would not read the pcm, so I presume that's the problem.
  11. J

no I haven't tried the pcm connection yet, I figured id try that on my lunch, since the vehicle is at my work place.
  12. J

with the key on there is no power to the red wire that plugs into the coil pack. at first I pulled a plug wire off and checked for spark, once I determined there was no spark I back tracked to the pigtail, and nothing is there.
  13. J

THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT DOES COME ON WHEN THE KEY IS ON, BUT WHILE CRANKING IT GOES OUT.
  14. J

IVE ALREADY REPLACED THE CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR, AND THE PIGTAIL THAT GOES TO IT. THE ENGINE IS AN OHV.
  15. J

I HAVE A 99 EXPLORER 4.0 THAT JUST DIED AT A STOP LIGHT. THOUGHT IT WAS THE FUEL PUMP THE WAY IT DIED, SO I REPLACED IT BUT IT TURNS OUT I HAVE NO POWER GOING TO MY IGNITION COIL. IVE REPLACED ALL THE FUSES, RELAYS, CRANK SENSOR AND THE PIGTAIL FOR THE SENSOR, IVE CHECKED MY INERTIA SWITCH AS...
Back