Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

28,900 on 1998 XLT. 2nd owner. Original owner bought new at age 65 and didnt drive it much.
  2. S

Rear AC Not blowing air

Thank you. Any advice on how to fix/replace it.
  3. S

Rear AC Not blowing air

My 1998 Explorer XLT has a great working condition front AC but when the rear is turned on a thumping noise is heard in the area of the vent running under the console that houses the rear ac fan. The fan is running and sounds fine but there is no meaningful amount of air coming out the vents...
  4. S

Rear AC not pushing out air

My 1998 Explorer XLT is giving me rear A/C problems. The fan comes on but there is not much air flow. The front a/c works perfect. There is a sound under the center console where the vent to rear ac runs that sounds like a door opening and closing when the rear fan speed is turned on. When rear...
  5. S

Idle Air Control Valve

I have been having an idle problem. It seems to be too low and every 3-5 seconds drops about 50 rpm..down to 600 or so. I bought a new idle air control valve and put it on and that seems to have fixed the problem. will know more later today. My question is should the o ring gaskets be left in...
  6. S

2000 ford explorer blend door actuator

Ok thank you. I'll check it.
  7. S

Thanks for the reply about the shocks. The rear Monroe's are part number 37035. My guess is they were replaced sometime around 7-10 years ago. For the blend door I posted a request for help describing the noise and it was recommended to replace the actuator so I went about that process to find...
  8. S

I also have low miles concerns. My thoughts are to have the tranny flushed, differentials and transfer case. put in new spark plugs and wires. The brake fluid and oil have been changed. The tranny fluid was done but that was about 10 years ago, My neighbor bought it new when she was 66 years...
  9. S

It’s only 26,700 miles , not 267,000.
  10. S

original one. Wanted to check the gears and they were fine,,,,but its maybe original . I could return the dorman one. Bought on amazon and the blend door too I guess. I wont use the rear screw for sure. I'm sure it will get figured out. Can I ask another question. On this car with 26700 actual...
  11. S

Ok that door operates as it should ...seems like something to do with a vacuum line that after about 30 seconds the noise goes way. The vent door ( not sure if thats what it is) seems to operate as it should also. Now do i put the original actuator back in (had to superglue the sides as the...
  12. S

Well I was able to pull the original actuator out. No stripped gears and actuator moves when there is adjustment made to temperature control. Still hear the thumping sounds even with the actuator out. So wondering if its the blend door being moved by the air from the fan....too bad I bought...
  13. S

That repair was done by the previous owner and she gave me the receipt. 1998 Explorer XLT 4WD 26,600 original miles. I'll work on the actuator either sometime this week or the weekend and give an update. Do I need to pull the part before buying a new one. Seems to be several options and some...
  14. S

I have a question about the blend door. 1998 XLT. Blend door was replaced by dealer 3+ years ago. $1220. Now all it does is make a thump thump thump sound whenever anything is turned on,,,,not in off position. I guess im wondering if its the actuator or the blend door again. It;s not a clicking...
  15. S

Interior Lights Not Coming On! Please help.

I pulled every fuse and re-installed. Now everything is working. Must have been a bad connection. No fuses were blown.
  16. S

Had to order an owners manual but also checked and found windows don't operate now. I have a Haynes I'll look through.
  17. S

OK I will. For the 3rd time!!!
  18. S

Well I need help. Changing a puddle lamp bulb and I guess it was defective in its wiring. Saw a little spark and now no puddle lamps, no interior lamps. None at all. Everything else works like it should. Tried swapping out relays in back near area where jack is and also under dash. Checked all...
  19. S

New member in Tucson AZ

Hello everyone, I just acquired a 1998 Explorer XLT. 4.0 SOHC, 4 wheel drive. 26,600 original miles. Pristine condition. Previously owned by couple that bought it in their mid 60's and didn't drive it much the past few years. In fact only 250 miles since March 2018,,,,last oil change. Tires have...
Back