Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

2020 LED Upgrades - Links Added

Aren’t all the interior lights LEDs from the factory? What would you change?
  2. C

Global windows open

No global open in 2020 models.
  3. C

Miles to empty going up

Like RJT says above, happens to me all the time when my driving conditions change, even in the middle of a tank. Nothing to worry about.
  4. C

Why you don't want a PIU for personal use.

If I’m going to be doing any intercepting, I’d want the ST engine.
  5. C

ST SUV Experience Driving Program

Thanks for the update. My sentiments exactly.
  6. C

So I called “Dominique” as listed in the confirmation email. No answer but left a voicemail message with name and particulars and that I wished to cancel due to COVID-19 concerns. This evening I got an automated email much like the confirmation email that’s headed “Your ST SUV Experience order...
  7. C

Following. I have a reservation for Asheville on April 7-8 in conjunction with a trip to NC. We’ve canceled the trip and I’ll be calling the SUV Experience folks on Monday to cancel that, too. According to the web site a late cancellation like this would disqualify me from rescheduling later...
  8. C

Did Aviator Lane Keeping just change?

Maybe you’ve been conditioned and you don’t even know it lol.
  9. C

Transmission/Not accelerating Issue

It’s been running fine, including Sport mode, etc., since my one-time experience. I’ve deliberately kept it to short local trips just in case but uneventful so far. We have a road trip planned at the end of the month and I expect to take the ST. That’s the plan as long as there’s no recurrence...
  10. C

Overly Sensitive gas pedal

I guess they figured you’d want that sensitivity when in Sport mode. Just put it in Eco and it’s the exact opposite - very docile.
  11. C

Tech Package Worth It? Specifically massaging seats

Mine doesn’t either. No options, including no moonroof. Was ordered that way. Most, but by no means all, local inventory seems to include it.
  12. C

2020 Extended Service Plans Pricing @ Dealer Cost

Agree. First day rental, key service, LED coverage and interest-free financing = easy decision.
  13. C

Overall impressions of the 2020 Explorer?

Starting at the end of my driveway ;)
  14. C

2020 Explorer ST Fuel

Just to be clear, “tune” refers to modifying the engine electronics for fuel, timing, shifts, etc. Not mechanical tuneup like the olden days.
  15. C

Drain plug upgrade

LOL those were my exact thoughts when I first saw this on Amazon a few months ago. Combined with the $$$, I think I’ll live with the factory plug.
  16. C

2020 Explorer ST Fuel

This has been my experience as well. No tuning plans at this time though.
  17. C

Good to know. I’ll post again if I have any further issues.
  18. C

Had a similar experience today after 6,000 miles of trouble-free driving. Pulled out of the driveway to do errands. The throttle would not respond and then it would surge, but it never stalled. Meanwhile the transmission would not shift above 2nd. Since I could get up to about 40 in 2nd gear, I...
  19. C

Auto Start-Stop Technology

Pro tip: don’t ever buy a hybrid.
  20. C

Intelligent Access?

Yep. Lock or unlock. Very handy.
  21. C

2020 Explorer accessories/parts?

iPick Image for - Ford ST Logo in... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TTV25D6?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
  22. C

JLT Oil Separator - ST

Per earlier post, I’d say yes.
  23. C

Power ports on, engine off?

That sounds normal. It seems to me the Explorer is set up to be ultraconservative when it comes to power draws. Don’t know any workaround. The Explorer is certainly not alone and it seems to be a trend. My 2014 Fusion hybrid keeps the power ports active for just a few minutes after shutting...
  24. C

Dash cluster alignment

I wish I hadn’t read this thread . . .
Back