Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

PCV valve

At first I thought it was residue from some gasket maker the mechanic may have applied, but there didn’t look to be enough to really seal anything so I’m not sure to be honest. Though I don’t know which sealant would be orange colored like that.
  2. J

PCV valve

So I pulled the pcv hose off the intake tonight and it has the o-ring in the same position as the previous picture I posted. It’s below the clip.
  3. J

PCV valve

Yeah it may. I’ll see if I can get the hose off tomorrow eve and take a pic
  4. J

PCV valve

Also, here is an auction for the same hose on eBay now, though not sure if it has the o-ring. https://www.ebay.com/itm/195679893899?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=9WBxJsBvSlC&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=ERVQNjA2Ria&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
  5. J

PCV valve

I think there’s a yellow o-ring that should be in there that seals it. I tried to take the hose off this evening to take a look, but I couldn’t get it all the way off the pcv hose due to limited space. I think it is the same type of connection as the one near the air filter box and you can see...
  6. J

PCV valve

I found the hose on ebay. Someone was selling a used one at the time and it still had its o-ring. I don’t know the o-ring size, but it’s possible you could find one that would fit the hose.
  7. J

Rough idle / lean after warming up

I had an issue where my 2008 4.0L would idle poorly if I restarted it once the vehicle was up to operating temperature. It was intermittent, but would only occur once it was warmed up good. Cold start ups were fine. Mine eventually threw a code related to a fuel issue. Don't remember which one...
  8. J

P2107, P0607

The issue with the codes never resurfaced, but I re-taped up some wiring to the MAF sensor so I'm not sure if that was the culprit. Since then, I had an idling issue that would cause the vehicle to idle very low and almost stall. That turned out to be, what I believe, was an issue with a minor...
  9. J

Powertrain Malfunction Light

I went down this road before, and attempted to use an aftermarket TPS, which only made the problem worse. I ended up replacing the entire throttle body assembly with OEM Motorcraft, which came supplied with a new TPS. I wasn't able to get the old TPS off the throttle body, and it wasn't that...
  10. J

Coolant pipe behind alternator

Is this the part you’re looking for? https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/climate-control/heater-repair-parts/tube-auxiliary-heater-supply-7886381-1
  11. J

Anyone got a part name or number for this hose

You mean the old hose? It should come off the connectors fairly easy. If not, you could just cut the old hose off since you will be replacing anyways. I’d wear some gloves as the old hose will likely turn your hands black.
  12. J

Axle seal leaks?

Hi all. I’ve noticed what appears to be axle seal leaks on both sides of my 2008 Mountaineer 4.0L. Took a couple pics last night so I could post them. Does this appear to be the case or is it something else? I watched a video from Ford Tech Makuloco. He makes it look fairly easy to replace but...
  13. J

tps plug found stripped wires

So, for the 4.0l engines, is this the correct harness that needs to be replaced?: 8L2Z-12A581-BA
  14. J

It’s not from bad factory work,it’s from using cheap wiring in critical system parts that just have not held up well over the years. Other folks here have experienced similar degradation of the wiring insulation in the same or similar areas that ultimately have resulted in all sorts of erratic...
  15. J

These wires look just like those going to my vehicle’s tps before they replaced them. I don’t think anyone did this on purpose. Over time, the poor wiring insulation gets brittle and breaks and where the wires bend, the insulation falls apart. The other day, I noticed my EGR valves electrical...
  16. J

P2107, P0607

Mechanics’s report says the codes they pulled that were stored were p2107, b1342, v0300 and p0120. He thought there could be a problem with the PCM, but cleared the codes and told me to drive it to see if the codes come back. They also checked the wiring but could not find any areas of chafed or...
  17. J

P2107, P0607

Well, I spoke too soon.... 7 months later and the vehicle shut down on the interstate this morning and threw a CEL. Had it read and it was the darn P2107 code again. This time I’m having a mechanic diagnose the problem. I find it hard to believe that the throttle body or TPS would be at fault on...
  18. J

Heater control valve

@DILLARD.... I hadn't come across the all metal version and am wondering if that was for previous years. Since I have replaced it with a new Motorcraft version, all is well. And no more leaks with the screw clamps.
  19. J

Heater control valve

I went for a routine oil change this past weekend and my mechanic said they added about a gallon of coolant to the overflow reservoir as it was empty and there may be a leak. I thought that was strange as I had just checked it about a week before and it was near the full hot mark like it usually...
  20. J

Mercury Mountaineer coolant leak problem !!!

Hmmm, is this the pipe? 2006-2010 Ford HVAC Heater Hose 9L2Z-18696-D | GetOEMParts.com
  21. J

Thumping sound when rear A/C is running

Sorry. I meant rear AC, not axle!
  22. J

Thumping sound when rear A/C is running

Sounds like one of the blend door actuators has stripped the teeth on the internal plastic gears. Mine does the same thing periodically when I turn on the rear axle and I just haven’t gotten around to replacing it yet. You have to remove most of the trim panel in the back to replace it in the...
  23. J

Slight shake after extensive tune up

Just a thought. If you disconnected the battery for any length of time when you did the tune up, the PCM probably reset itself to factory specs and your vehicle may just need to relearn them over time.
  24. J

Loud thump after starting?!?

Probably would be easiest to have someone else start the vehicle while you listen for the noise with the hood open. Should be able to see if anything looks out of the ordinary.
  25. J

07 Eddie Bauer 4.0 HELPPPP

Did you use oem parts or aftermarket?
Back