Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

2017 Sport White/Blue Smoke on Startup/Acceleration

I don't know how salvage titles work but I assume there's no powertrain warranty for it anymore. I would do another oil change in a few hundred miles with a good full synthetic oil and filter. Hopefully it'll smoke less and less as you drive it. I'd even drive it like you stole it for a bit...
  2. A

Question: Route USB Cable Through Media Hub Lid?

I've removed that upper finish panel and most of the console before on my 15. It's fairly easy. If it attaches the same, you could order just the top finish piece for a newer explorer if you didn't want to risk making it look bad.
  3. A

Which 2016 sound systems can be updated to use Apple CarPlay?

I had misunderstood and thought you had upgraded to Sync 3 in your Explorer.
  4. A

Which 2016 sound systems can be updated to use Apple CarPlay?

Appearance is different, and functionality is a bit different since you can do Apple Carplay with the sync 3 which I love using in my '17 Expedition
  5. A

What fuse type in a 2019 Sport

the manual for my '15 calls them mini fuses. It didn't give a specific kind. The ford owners website has a section you can download the manual
  6. A

Just got 2016 explorer xlt with 20s, I have a question.

Crap I forgot to account for that. I wonder if that small of change would be even noticeable on the speedo. For me it maybe would since I'm ocd
  7. A

Sync upgrade and steering program

The rack & pinion should involve a different module than the apim module for the sync.
  8. A

2017 Explorer Sport takeoff surging

Look on the expedition forum regarding the 15-17 models. My 17 expedition has the 3.5 TT and I remember seeing a few threads about an issue with the throttle body. Not sure if it's related but wouldn't hurt to look.
  9. A

Just got 2016 explorer xlt with 20s, I have a question.

If you're just changing the width (255 to 265) then no change on speedo and you're only going about 3/8inch wider so you shouldn't have any issues
  10. A

STEEDA Sway Bar Installed!!

There's been a few times when in a big hurry that I've taken turns like a bat out of hell and it handles it very nicely. You'll notice a big difference.
  11. A

Defroster grille question -- 2013 Explorer XLT

Maybe if you're lucky the piece that's moving around can be picked up by a magnet. You can buy one of those snake magnet tools and fish around for it. Or take get a little mirror like what a woman uses to do her makeup and put over the defrost grill and maybe you can see what it is.
  12. A

13 explorer 2.0 Ecoboost rattle

If the noise sometimes goes away just by turning off a/c that would lead me to believe it has something to do with the extra "pull" on the motor/belt with the clutch engaged. And it only does it at idle so I'm thinking you should look at having a warn out belt or tensioner or both. Make sure...
  13. A

A/C Rear Line Leak

Definitely better option than blocking off your rear a/c and losing its function especially if you have passengers/kids.
  14. A

Exhaust Upgrade Question

I have the 3.5 n/a and have tried a couple different exhaust systems. On both, the drone was just too much, especially if you're going to have passengers. My mother rode somewhere with us on an hour trip and wouldn't stop *****ing. Even tried adding an extra resonator and it helped a little...
  15. A

Manual 4x4 to 2x4 switch

OP should have purchased fwd explorer or vehicle with 2H option. All-time Auto 4wd or Awd is going to use more fuel. Although my 2003 Explorer had actual 4wd, the only settings were Auto 4wd, 4H, or 4L. You didn't have a 2H setting like my expedition. If you want a 4x4 vehicle with the...
  16. A

2016 Explorer 2.3 Ecoboost Idle Issue

Just throwing a guess out there, maybe throttle body?
  17. A

New to this! 2011 issues

I'm pretty sure there's only two cats.
  18. A

Dealer Motorcraft parts vs online Motorcraft

Besides dealer websites I would also trust rockauto. Don't expect all motorcraft parts to say "made in usa" as there are many being made by China and other countries these days. I pulled the HVAC module out of my 17 expedition yesterday to do an upgrade. It has the good ole Ford symbol and...
  19. A

2015 Explorer XLT LH Headlight Bulb Replace

I had a coworker who's boyfriend didn't know his head from ass regarding the mechanics on cars. I had helped her a little bit and ended up telling her to google or youtube it if she needed to do something that wasn't all that in depth. She ended up changing the alternator herself because of...
  20. A

Aftermarket stereos

They say it's plug n play but haven't looked to much into it.
  21. A

Help with Tire Size for Explorer Sport 2014

If your back tires are in good shape, replace the front ones with same size and brand/model tire. Your back tires are the correct size. As Peter said it may not actually damage anything but I wouldn't risk it.
  22. A

Aftermarket stereos

It looks as if the 15’ and older are working out fine at least with the one I’m talking about. There’s a couple different one available on their site
  23. A

2014 Explorer limited with new engine

If you think you can do it yourself, do it. You'll spend a fraction of the cost. Or maybe a buddy can do it. It's easy, even taking the manifold off is. Youtube it
Back