Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Z

Bad Wiper Blades?

Well I've been taking my Aviator to a dealership in NE Nevada, about 40 miles from my home. Scary part right now is that Lincoln wanted them to create a bigger customer lounge area and they refused due to the costs involved. Lincoln pulled their dealership, don't know how that's going to go from...
  2. Z

Bad Wiper Blades?

Well I bought a new set of blades probably a year ago now, maybe the ones you found were more recently introduced. However, I could not figure out how to change them, the dealership would not do it and neither would the Grease Monkey place where I get my oil changes done as the dealership...
  3. Z

Bad Wiper Blades?

The problem with the listed replacement blades is that they will not work on the higher end stuff such as my Aviator Hybrid which has wiper fluid pushed out of the wiper blades. You 'gotta buy Ford or nothing......
  4. Z

blue screen

Ford has so far, refused to replace the module or the camera...... :(
  5. Z

blue screen

That SB is over a year old dated April 2021. Also, it's only for a software update, not a module replacement. That update business was what started the issues with mine. I'd never had an issue until the dealer did this one about a year ago. Then they issued another one about last November which...
  6. Z

blue screen

I'll copy that as my previous protests that it was time to start replacing parts have been denied by Ford. It came on again this afternoon, if it's on again in the morning I'll be headed for the dealer again. Hmmm..... That SB refers to my vehicle production date range, but only recommends a...
  7. Z

blue screen

Been chasing the dumb blue screen issue on the display for months. I take it in and the dealer cannot find any codes nor problems. They've reloaded the firmware so many times I'm tired of it. Now I've been told that when it comes on again, I should drive to the dealership immediately and not...
  8. Z

2021 Ford Explorer driver side window not working?

Been chasing this problem with my 2020 Aviator. It's a known issue according to my Service Manager. Reprogrammed the controller and it worked for a bit and quit again. They reloaded the software and I think they said there was an update as well. Took it home and found that the auto up feature...
  9. Z

Explorer ST - Towing Capacity question

Don't know what to tell you. I too had Touareg TDI in fact I owned two of them. As I mentioned above, after the diesel "fix" which turned my 2014 into a piece of crap, I traded it for a 2018 Explorer Ecoboost. I was intrigued by the engine power rated at 360 hp for the 3.5 Liter V-6 with the 6...
  10. Z

New/Used Ford Explorer Purchase, which option?

There is a "power module" software update on an SB. I took my Aviator in for the rear camera recall and they did this update as well. Made it a whole different vehicle. The throttle is no longer touchy off idle, the gas engine kicks in sooner on acceleration and the shifting is so much smoother...
  11. Z

New/Used Ford Explorer Purchase, which option?

Okay, for what it's worth; I came out of my second VW Touareg following the VW Diesel crisis. The approved updates turned a really nice 2014 $64,000 car into a piece of crap. I was really intrigued by the 2018 Explorer Platinum with the ECO Boost 3.5L V-6.Never owned a Ford in my life, but I...
  12. Z

SYNC Build 21194 Is Released by Ford

Well I'm not impressed with the whole process. Ford's servers must have been built in the Stone Age they are so slow. I spent the better part of Saturday and Sunday trying to get the thing working OTA, no dice. All it did was keep downloading stuff and kept reporting there were updates...
  13. Z

Bad Wiper Blades?

Mine is outside of the six months time frame, besides the fact that my local dealer took one look at the UV screening film on the windshield installed by the selling dealer, and declared chattering wiper blades were not their problem,
  14. Z

Bad Wiper Blades?

The answer to the question after MUCH searching and calling various folks from Lincoln to the IRS. The correct form number for these tax credit vehicles is an IRS Form 8910 not an 8936. The other interesting thing is that you cannot claim a credit that exceeds your current tax liability. So the...
  15. Z

Bad Wiper Blades?

I ordered a set, thank you for the link. I'm really starting to wonder about something however. My accountant is trying to do my taxes and when he tried to fill out the form 8936, it said my serial number did not qualify for the PHEV tax credit. The AutoNation website said my serial number...
  16. Z

Bad Wiper Blades?

Thanks for the input. I've been fighting the "bought at another dealer" syndrome with the local service department since I got mine last February. Their comment on the wiper blades was "oh, you've got a tint on the wind screen, so wiper problems are not our problem" despite the fact that those...
  17. Z

Testing of just built lincoln aviators

That was not true last year when they were having all the problems with the line. My Aviator went from the factory to the "fix it" sight, cannot remember the name of that place right now, but it was gone for three weeks before it came back to the factory and was then shipped from the factory...
  18. Z

Bad Wiper Blades?

Finally facing the wiper issue. What's the preferred brand/model for a 2020 Aviator Reserve with the trick fluid dispensing wipers?
  19. Z

Missing Part - Rear Air Deflector

Mine came with both the fuel filler and the tow hook.
  20. Z

Missing Part - Rear Air Deflector

My Aviator came with the deflector as well as a hitch cover as the older Explorers did. no issues with the hatch opening or closing. You just 'gotta have your foot in the right place.
  21. Z

Intelligent Access Door Handle Not Working

Man, I am NOT going to go through the trouble of tracking down the cause of this issue and reporting it back here when people obviously cannor read or comprehend. I told them where to have the dealer look for the problem and they ignored it while still complaining. Now I remember why I quit...
  22. Z

All satellite signals be it TV or just radio, can be blocked by rain.
  23. Z

I guess that I should have reported back on this issue. The dealer wanted it overnight. The first daycare they tried it establish whether or not there was water getting to any of the electrical components and they're found none. They parked outside overnight and the door would not work. So they...
  24. Z

Explorer brake controller?

Well okay, been some time since I was on the forum. The Lincoln dealer will be of no help at all. When I approached them, the first question they asked was; "Is it made by Lincoln?" When I answered no and that Lincoln did not provide any factory trailer brake controls but Ford did on numerous...
Back