Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

347 in 1997 Mountiaineer, what do I need to know?

The PCM maintains a reflash count?
  2. F

Stuff for sale

https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/categories/classifieds-explorer-ranger-bronco-ii-parts-f.94/
  3. F

410Custom's builds a 2007 Ranger V8 - custom truck build - Project "Ranger Premier"

What style do you have selected at the bottom left (mine says 'Shades of grey')?
  4. F

410Custom's builds a 2007 Ranger V8 - custom truck build - Project "Ranger Premier"

Pics for sure. I've been waiting to see this come together for a long time. It's a shame you're so far away. I'd love to hand mine off to you to sort out a few lingering things on my own build.
  5. F

Torsen Front Diff Available Again

Just wanted to reach out - have you gotten your Torsen diff yet? Thanks!
  6. F

Can you do me a huge favor when yours arrives? I'd like to see the way Torsen's diff is set up to retain the axle shafts into the carrier. Powertrax has a very similar unit that apparently doesn't have the provision to do this. If there's a way to work around that issue, it may be another...
  7. F

For what it's worth, this is who called me from Torsen: Rob Currie 585-464-5009 The voicemail indicated to call him to order. It's still showing out of stock on the website, so that's probably the only option for the time being.
  8. F

How to: Convert V8 AWD to BW 4406 Manual Shift- A how to thread

That really should be in a separate thread.
  9. F

2004 sport trac 4.0 to 4.6 or 5.0 engine swap

Am I remembering correctly that there was a change in the cluster after '02 that complicates the swap? Seems like it became paired to the ECM after that so you have to swap it out to the older system to put in the 5.0 ECM.
  10. F

347 in 1997 Mountiaineer, what do I need to know?

Even on the later ones, the simplest option would be to pick up a PATS module to use with the spare PCM and pair them using Forscan. That way you could still have a spare computer ready to go (you'd just need to swap the PATS module in tandem with it). All that aside... no, you shouldn't have...
  11. F

Hood Prop - Tired Of Struts Failing

Yep. I was startled when I removed the hood of my '99 Ranger and the '99 Explorer that I used as a drivetrain donor - the Explorer hood was steel and easily twice the weight.
  12. F

Electrical plug needs to be replaced

Can you chase the wires to a sensor? Or confirm the colors and match to a wiring diagram?
  13. F

Weak low beam driver side - no LOM

Just to confirm - you aren't running LED headlights or anything like that, correct?
  14. F

410Fortune 96 AWD Ex - goes low range

Right, I get that. You're doing a swap and trying to keep your 1354 behind a V8 rather than the AWD case. I'm suggesting that instead of the headaches involved in making that happen (or sourcing a relatively rare manual shift case), you can use your existing 4wd controls with an e shift 4406...
  15. F

410Fortune 96 AWD Ex - goes low range

If you have a 1354 electrically shifted case now, you can just use a 4406 e shift case with your existing wiring. Way cheaper and more reliable than adapting to keep the 1354.
  16. F

No worries at all. Just agreeing with you.
  17. F

That's what it looks like to me - it's the one i suggested a few posts back.
  18. F

The injector connectors on my donor engine harness were the only brittle ones on the whole rig. I had to cut them all off and solder in new ones. Not a giant problem, but it was one i didn't expect. And you're right, it really does look like an injector connector. I'm just not confident...
  19. F

Weak low beam driver side - no LOM

Are you running stock headlights? I did have a similar experience years ago when testing a set of LEDs (though this was not on a Ranger/Explorer). What is 'LOM'?
  20. F

33's with NO lift

FYI, this thread got necroed.
  21. F

The more I think about it, the more i like Donald's solution of heat shrink tubing if you can unpin the wires individually to apply it. I do think it's worth it to get the marine grade version that's sealed/waterproof though. If you want to do an OEM repair, I'm pretty sure the kit you need is...
  22. F

Click the Amazon link i posted above for a replacement OEM connector. Edit - let me check that again in the morning. I'm not 100% confident i posted the correct connector.
  23. F

I haven't tried to shut down your opinion. You may need to back away for a moment and come back to this thread when you're in a different mood. It's perfectly fine to put on a generic connector. It's just not the route I'd choose, for the reasons stated. For the record, you can buy this...
  24. F

This isn't that complicated... We both deal with RBV'S (old ones). We've had different experiences. Is it so hard to hear an alternate opinion?
  25. F

I don't know what to tell you... We've both been dealing with RBV's for many years, but clearly have had different experiences.
Back