Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

AC Clutch Not Engaging

Ok I will check that out. How do I go about checking resistance in the ac clutch? I don't have easy access to anything providing power to it.
  2. T

AC Clutch Not Engaging

Where would they run? Under the hood, or under the vehicle? I will pull some fuses just to rule that out in an hour. I have a multimeter, same functionality? It's not seized, I turned it by hand recently.
  3. T

AC Clutch Not Engaging

I am trying to put refrigerant in my 05 Mountaineer and can't do so because the ac clutch isn't engaging. I have seen it engage in the past, and a few weeks ago I turned on the AC and it blew cold. Actually, for the past half a year the AC seemed to work intermittently. For example, It'd be hot...
  4. T

Stalling when in Gear along with Flickering Lights

A year or so, could be less. But I pulled out #4 today and it was completely missing the arc. #2 Had some weird buildup around the arc. I swapped them both with newer working plugs. Better performance now but that shaking is still there. I have codes for #3 pretty much constantly. So I went and...
  5. T

Thanks a ton everyone for all the help! My solution to it stalling out unless you press the gas ended up being caused by loose coils and plugs. About 3 of my coil's connectors were broken to where they wouldn't clip onto the coil. After realizing this I snugged them all down with zipties to...
  6. T

Felt Like I blew a Tire, But I didn't. Transmission?

I think I may have the plastic coated rims you're talking about. But the thing's running.. It's just not running the best.. I have quite a bit of power, but it almost comes and goes. I can feel it having more power at random. I have been seeing a misfire on #3 so I replaced the plug and coil. It...
  7. T

Yeah it was quite the pain to replace those studs. Like Kydirtscooter said, I had to punch out the small hole in the dust shield to have enough clearance back there to fit in the new studs. Not to mention the difficulty of knocking the old ones out. Spent a while in the gas station parking lot...
  8. T

Lmao! Well speaking of.. My power steering still doesn't work properly, and I do still believe the pump is going out. It's manageable but It definitely still stiffens up mid-turns and it doesn't really correct itself after making a turn. If that makes sense. Thanks though, me too. One step at a...
  9. T

Would you recommend these? - https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NDP6414260
  10. T

Do you think that it would vibrate violently while just trying to maintain speed/rpms around 1400, then smooth out when I push past it and get around 2k rpm? & Yeah that's what I was thinking. I'm sure a few broke off recently and I haven't noticed. I was also hoping that's the cause of my...
  11. T

For the front ones I believe I just rotated it into position so that they could slide straight out. I'm sure I'll see it once I get to the vehicle. But just in case, it's the thin metal plate right behind the rotor that youre talking about? Correct? Also, I had my foot on the brake when...
  12. T

Yea somewhat. It had some loose connectors on the coils, and a few coils were actually loose on the plug. When I tightened all of this up it became driveable. I still felt some shaking while trying to simply maintain 45mph. It stops when I accelerate though, as soon as the rpms rise to around 2k...
  13. T

Well I just got back to the truck and looked at it. Now that I can actually see It turns out all 5 of my wheel studs have broken off of the back right tire. Somehow my wheel didn't go rolling down the road and stayed attached. It looked completely normal when I looked at it expecting a flat...
  14. T

I was driving at around 40-45mph when I believe I hit a small dip in the road. It felt like I blew a tire so I immediately started pulling over into the gas station I was passing. I rolled to a stop and hopped out to check the tires. None of them were blown.. I tried to start the vehicle and...
  15. T

Are you talking about the red wire? If so it is the power for a sound system. It is unhooked though from both ends.
  16. T

I will probably redo them soon and just solder it. Thanks!
  17. T

Yea the CEL is still on. The only codes I'm getting are P0053 and P0132. Both 02 codes that I've seen before. There's not any other codes to work on at this point. The engine seems to be running much better than it was in the past. Everyone is suggesting that I fix my engine problems first, but...
  18. T

The coils themselves should be good. It's quite simple. The connectors that connect to the coils are broke so they don't snap on. They just slide on. The ziptie is acting as the connector's clip. Now, how would coils being loose mean they're not good? At very best, It'd make sense to recommend...
  19. T

Well, all the coils should be good. They're about a year old. Same with plugs. How do you suggest diagnosing? Or are you just recommending I drop 200$ with high hopes? I can pull them out and check for spark. But other than that I'm not too sure. So you're thinking a few of them aren't firing or...
  20. T

Now I've successfully managed to drive it for the past 20 minutes or so. It will start and stay running every time now. The only issue that still exists is it's almost like I have to be very careful not to put too much of a load on the engine at once. (AC on, Lights on, In Gear, etc) During my...
  21. T

So far right now it is running. Without me pressing the gas at all. It will stay running now that I tightened down the 3 coils. - VIDEO HERE So far it has stalled on me when I turned on the AC and put it in gear. I tried to put as much of a load as possible on it. It stayed running with the AC...
  22. T

Well If I can knock it down to being a choice of 3 parts it could possibly be I would be more willing to start knocking off parts from the list. I don't think I can make it to a shop, nor afford the costs at this time. Although If I could get it there I wouldn't mind paying for them to diagnose...
  23. T

Yea I do agree, but I just don't know how much tighter they're going to be with new connectors. The connectors will just slide off. Meaning the little clip inside is broke. With the zipties it holds it snug on there basically the same as the connector should be. I couldn't imagine that new...
  24. T

Yea that has been my mentality for the past while but now I'm at the point where I just need it to run, and stay running. A few of the coils have always had broken connector pieces. The only thing it's not doing is holding the connector on properly. So with a few zip ties everything is held...
  25. T

Does that also seem like a reasonable cause for the stalling? I want to change the pump, but I'm really trying to stop changing parts and figure out what's causing the stalling. If you think so I will order it tonight.
Back