Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Mysterious coolant leak

Found the leak... anyone ever seen this or know why it would do this?
  2. A

Swapped Calipers & flex lines - no pedal

Worn rotors by chance?
  3. A

Another mystery coolant leak...

Any wet hoses or hardware in the engine? Against the firewall even?
  4. A

Battery, alternator or what.....

I don't know what kind of temps you are dealing with, but we were having this issue here in AK. We found a 1050 cca battery and the thing starts up immediately even in severe negative temps. As long as the rest of the system (alternator, etc) is good, the cca seems to be the difference maker for us.
  5. A

First time 4WD use this morning

One thing that I have noticed living in Alaska is that 4lo is great for super snowy situations where traction or passability is extremely limited, but it seems to take a real strain on the entire system even if used sparingly. We use 4lo 3-4 times a year during the winter and the drivetrain and...
  6. A

Mysterious coolant leak

So update on the situation... We let the explorer sit overnight and noticed no coolant leaking so we started suspecting a pressurized leak. Let it warm up and noticed that the top radiator hose was leaking on both ends from poor clamps. Replaced both clamps after cleaning off the connections...
  7. A

Mysterious coolant leak

We did replace it with an OEM plastic one- since it was recently replaced I was really hoping that it was not that. I will give the housing another look. Thanks!
  8. A

Hello

Greetings from Alaska yall!
  9. A

Mysterious coolant leak

Hello all, long time reader, new poster. 09 Explorer 4.0 SOHC Our explorer has a coolant leak that we cannot source. There is coolant pooled in several locations directly behind the thermostat housing essentially in a straight line. It does not seem to be coming from the head although we have...
Back