Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

'13 Limited 3.5L NA loss of power

I've filled up once from when the problem started. Waiting a little longer to fill up again.
  2. S

Throttle body commanded and actual are identical and follow each other smoothly throughout there range, which is about 2-81 on the range my software displays. Checked the throttle position, too. It is smooth throughout the values it has stored, too. Checked mass air flow out, too. It...
  3. S

Trans color and level are good. However, it is due. I've been draining it every 30k or so. The throttle body sounds interesting. I'll look into that next. Didn't even consider that it's it's fully electronic "fly by wire" style.
  4. S

This one is nagging me. Lately, the engine has been flat in lower rpms. It gets off idle just fine but doesn't have any punch until it hits 5k and then the power kicks in generously. It feels like the power wants to kick in sooner as the power curve isn't smooth. I'm literally having...
  5. S

2013 Limited Headlights

Any bulb replacement is going to be brighter as the bulbs grow dim with age anyway. If you buy OEM style bulbs, the Kelvin will be 2800. These are slightly higher at 3200K and do make a difference. I've seen the 4100K ones and they add glare for me. I like the aypanthony suggestion above and...
  6. S

2013 Limited Headlights

Late, but, it's only two cents. I can concur that the Limited did NOT have HID standard (in 2013 at least). I just replaced both headlight bulbs for $25 with Silvania halogen 9005 Extra Visions (3200K) and couldn't be happier about it. Took maybe 7-8 minutes total. Don't know about the HIDs...
  7. S

N/A 3.5 L (Ti-VCT) Mods

Found one with a demo. Liking it.
  8. S

Squealing Noise When Wet, Belt?

I entirely agree. If it works, case closed. I did buy the Napa branded belt today and it looks and feels differently from the Gates I put on previously. The last one I put on felt coarse; this one is a softer grippier (sp?) feeling rubber. The guy at the store basically confirmed it was a...
  9. S

Yes. But, changing belts as often as oil is abnormal and has to have a root cause separate from normal wear and tear.
  10. S

A/C pulley and clutch were fine last checked.
  11. S

I thought about a different tensioner, but, for right now I've already replaced the tensioner at the stealership (looks like a ***** to replace; maybe through the fender?). I also looked into the Napa belt and found it is a rebranded Gates belt so the belts I've been using should be the same as...
  12. S

Reading through the entire 8 pages on this problem I think that if the Napa belt doesn't work I'm going to remove the fender splash guards. They don't seem to keep the doors clean anyway.
  13. S

I wish I could say that. Belt has been replace several times. Tensioner once (OEM). 2 OEM belts, one from O'Reilly, and one from Autozone. It seems weird the alternator would stop and the AC doesn't. More traction on the AC pulley? I'll try a Napa belt, but I don't think replacing a belt...
  14. S

It's certainly appears to be on/off cycling. Like I said, It's either at 14.4V or 12V (the 12V is in the range of 11.9-12.1V). No in between. I've never seen the fluctuation while on dry roads. I first got curious about it when I noticed my windshield wipers changing speed. It's a solid...
  15. S

Trying to hunt this down has been a mystery and I don't want to just throw money at it willy nilly. I already had a professional mechanic charge me to replace the belt tensioner only to tell me later when that didn't work that Ford uses weak tensioners and there's nothing he can do about it...
  16. S

New Guy

It's me...the new guy. See ya in the forums. '13 Limited
Back