Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Interesting problem

I have not tapped into any fuses. I did change the hu .. but this started way after the installation. No new wiring except for the amp/subwoofer. And that was after this started. Haven't been to a shop in awhile .. I'm at a loss as to what's causing this and it baffles everyone's mind
  2. N

Hello from NorCal

After doing a generic search on here .. I'm also from NorCal! Got a 92 explorer xlt ..
  3. N

91-94 factory stereo wiring

Yeah, I have the factory amp completely unhooked .. so I crimped a wire from the blue (amp's remote on line) to the new amp .. from the new HU .. I thought that would work and save me some time .. but the amp isn't turning on with my new HU. It should be going straight from the new HU to the amp...
  4. N

And I've run new RCA cables already
  5. N

Man .. now I can't get my HU back out to run a new remote on line! WTF?! ugh .. this project on a 92 explorer has been the most frustrating I've ever done!
  6. N

Quick question, when hooking up a amp for a subwoofer .. can I use the hooked up line in (blue wire) that goes to the factory amp can I use it for the new amp or should I run a new one?
  7. N

Interesting problem

So, recently this issue had become a reoccurring issue .. every morning I go start my 1992 explorer and to get the audio system to turn in, I have to go and remove save reinsert every 15a fuse in my fuse box! Not every time I start it, but every morning. I have never encountered this before or...
  8. N

92' Explorer - Installed new BT deck - Won't start now

Thank you guys for the replies .. come to find out that the battery I switched to was DEAD upon arrival .. Thank you trusty multimeter! Even after charging and jumping it, it would not hold a charge apparently .. But a family friend is letting me use his older (yet newer) battery until I can...
  9. N

Even when it wasn't all connected it was doing it.
  10. N

I installed a new deck and now my Explorer won't start - I was able to use a jump box to start it .. That lasted about 5 or 7 days .. Now it won't even start with a jump from another vehicle. New battery and terminals .. So I'm stumped. I'm about to give the starter a wack or two. When it's...
  11. N

I wish I had found this forum (this thread and others like it mainly) before I cut that gray bundle of speaker wires ... Went to bypass the factory amp and discovering that my hands are way too big to actually fit in there and splice and bypass that amp .. I don't have the patience or money to...
Back