Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Vibration

Maybe because you should not be feeling vibrations because of the wheels at that speed where you are just backing up so slowly. So it might not be the wheels.
  2. K

Seat memory malfunctions

Now I have to drive back the same distance home, leaving tomorrow. I got 24.8 mpg. 3 of us in the car plus all our luggage, cooler etc.
  3. K

Seat memory malfunctions

Thanks a lot, will talk to my dealer when I get back home.
  4. K

Seat memory malfunctions

Has anyone been able to get this fixed? I am currently on a long drive and everytime I stop to get gas/food etc. and come back, the memory recall (when I recall my saved seat position 1) it just pushes the seat so far in front. It is absolutely annoying because now I have to start from scratch...
  5. K

worry about new 2020 explorer limited (transmission)

You have explained it perfectly. This is Not the first vehicle I have experienced it, my previous vehicles, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2019 Navigator, 2019 Continental and the new 2020 Explorer all do the same thing of going back and forth trying to find the right gear during incline/decline and...
  6. K

Yeah, maybe they have a priority for supplying the parts for the ones that have the problem.
  7. K

Sunroof/Moonroof Noise

I had this problem with my Continental and I posted a detailed fix procedure somewhere in this forum. Luckily I do Not have this on my Explorer (at least not yet).
  8. K

I usually change the transmission fluid after the first 5K miles just to clear out everything. So I asked my dealer to change the fluid and they just told me that the gasket etc. required for the change is Not available and is on back order with Ford until April - May 2021. I was just surprised...
  9. K

Loud Rattling Noise Upon Cold Engine Start

Interesting, maybe they will eventually include the affected batch of Explorers as well.
  10. K

Jacking 2020 - Ford explorer

My dealer keeps damaging that plastic part near the lift point every time I go in for oil change. He says, the plastic is so flush to the lift point, they have tried everything but it is impossible to avoid it with the lift equipment they have. The supervisor did say that if it ever cracked or...
  11. K

2021 Ford Explorer Timberline

Is it like an off road package version?
  12. K

Thoughts on Platinum and King Ranch

My sync says up to date when I check for updates. How did you get the latest update? Did you download it from somewhere?
  13. K

2021 Explorer Automatic Full-time AWD

It is Not RWD in Normal mode. Open the gauge display to display the 4wd system and then accelerate from a stop. You will notice that the vehicle sends power to all 4 wheels until the vehicle reaches a steady cruise speed or atleast until you get moving sufficient enough.
  14. K

Engine Coolant Temp Warning

I guess it would be just the cluster malfunction throwing out all warnings but Not actually the coolant over heating.
  15. K

2020 Explorer Starting Problems

I am just shocked that they somehow managed to carry over this problem in to 2021 production line.
  16. K

Liftgate Problems

I think you only have to open the driver door and it does Not need to be closed or not it does Not make any difference. But you have to open the drive door that's it, I think.
  17. K

Anybody get the FSA 20B34 yet?

did you get the recall notification?
  18. K

Explorer XLT - Is this jerk/lunge common?

ha ha, it is a blessing your wife has not to notice these things, peace of mind. Unfortunately, we on the other hand notice every niggle and can't sleep at night.
  19. K

Loud Rattling Noise Upon Cold Engine Start

Looks like some problems are showing up later in these vehicles.
  20. K

Explorer XLT - Is this jerk/lunge common?

The first rough shift happens if you start driving right after you start your vehicle. Once it warms up a bit it should be reasonably ok. At least I have that in mine, don't know if it is normal or not.
  21. K

2020 Explorer - Harsh Shifting

How many times does it occur when your engine is cold (right after you leave the house)? Is it just the first shift from 1-2? and then goes away when you stop and try to replicate it? or does it happen multiple times until the vehicle reaches the operating temperature? And what is your build date?
  22. K

Window Defrost Elements Peeling

I doubt if they will attempt that work, it is too time consuming for them, they will just replace it under warranty.
  23. K

Window Defrost Elements Peeling

Yeah, this is very poor job. The dealer should be able to replace the glass without any fuss.
  24. K

Frustrated New Member

Wow, that is scary stuff, need to be careful when buying a vehicle, thanks for sharing.
  25. K

Frozen drivers door

Cool. Just wanted to know what they changed.
Back