Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

2018 Explorer Sport - Towing a Travel Trailer

On the escape we had a reese friction wd hitch,(Reese 66153 | FREE SHIPPING CANADA |Reese SC Weight Distribution System w/ Sway Control similar to this) made a world of difference towing our large tent trailer(i think it was like 20ish feet, was a big one) I towed it once without the hitch and...
  2. S

Those are quite interesting, no dealers in northern Canada tho. I have been taking into account gear and all that, with the max that trailer should have is around 3900, which sticks us under the 5000 limit. My main concern is road manners with a full-size camper. We had a tent trailer before and...
  3. S

yeah, that was the plan to get a wd hitch, I'm no stranger to towing, I have a 1ton work truck that I tow a lot for my job, we just don't want a truck just for towing so that why we're looking at a bigger SUV to tow our future camper. I wired a brake controller on our escape so that's an easy...
  4. S

What do you guys think of an explorer towing Catalina Summit Series 172BH | Coachmen RV - Manufacturer of Travel Trailers - Fifth Wheels - Tent Campers - Motorhomes Right now we have an escape but plan to upgrade in the next bit and were trying to find a camper and vehicle that will work well...
Back