Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

SYNC 3 v3.4

I can certainly see the justification for having it windowed. I would just say that right now there's a lot of blank vertical space overall, while the Android Auto window has vertical scroll bars... Even just giving it another inch or so would be great. Anyway--thanks for your insight!
  2. A

SYNC 3 v3.4

Any chance that a future update will enable Android Auto to make more use of the vertically oriented 10" display? Right now the Android "window" feels very cramped.
  3. A

2020 Explorer Hybrid Ordered

Well, the story ended differently than I thought. I originally had a build date of 6/15. That got pushed back to 7/15. Then that got pushed back to 8/15. Shortly after that I read an article saying that CAP is updating a new area of the factory for hybrid construction, and they expect to...
  4. A

Private offers/rebates

Thanks so much for your efforts here! Will certainly let you know if it seems to have worked.
  5. A

2020 Iconic Silver ST Ordered - Now In My Garage

Congratulations! I feel like you won something :)
  6. A

Ok to buy

Great news for just about everybody here! Congratulations! Unfortunately, I'm waiting for the hybrid--I knew there was a chance it would be on a later date. Did you happen to hear anything about its status? Have they already been in production or are they only starting to get to OTB now?
  7. A

2020 Extended Service Plans Pricing @ Dealer Cost

Ok--but is this a thing you do before you buy your car? Or after? Thanks!
  8. A

2020 Extended Service Plans Pricing @ Dealer Cost

Thanks for clarifying--I was one of the ignorant people who didn't know what was being discussed either. In that vein of my not knowing, how does this work? Does a person contact Joel before picking up their car from the dealer? Or can it be done afterwards? I understand that until they are...
  9. A

Ok to buy

Awesome (potential) news!
  10. A

Ok to buy

I just checked my dealer's website--they have 9 different 2020 Explorers listed as "Vehicle is in transit." I assume that means they are indeed rolling out. Looks like four Limited, four ST, and one Platinum. Interestingly, only 5 have MPG shown. The Limited show as 20/27 MPG, and one of the...
  11. A

Ok to buy

Great news! Thanks for sharing
  12. A

Just an update--my dealer reached out to me today and said that the build date is now the week of July 17th. Previously, it was scheduled for the week of June 15th, so I'm guessing that means that production is indeed experiencing issues. I've been lurking in various places waiting to hear if...
  13. A

2020 Ford Explorer ST ATLAS BLUE ORDERED

Did you hear anything new since Monday?
  14. A

Yes--the hybrid I ordered (which is a Limited--only option) is a six seater. For my family, that works Ok.
  15. A

Yes (although I didn't try to do anything else, as that's what I wanted)
  16. A

Just wanted to drop in and say that this week I got my VIN #. The dealer said the scheduled build week is June 15th--it was nice to find out that hybrids are in fact being scheduled, I was a little worried about that. I'm not able to see the build date on the order tracking website, hopefully...
  17. A

In my case, the dealer gave me a quote, including a discount. I'm not planning to lease, just pay cash. I found myself suddenly in the market for a new car when I was rear-ended on the freeway a few weeks ago. Fortunately I've been able to borrow a car from some family members. I spent a few...
  18. A

Thank you both! I'll give it a week or so and then see if the dealer has gotten the VIN. Really appreciate the information! Very helpful
  19. A

Thanks for moving it to the right place, apologies for the inconvenience. Also thanks for the information. Do they assign VINs at the same time they schedule the builds? From your answer I got that impression. Thanks!
  20. A

Question for you. I recently placed an order for a hybrid. I have an order number, but no VIN number. For those of you who already have VINs, how long did it take between placing the order and receiving the VIN? Thanks!
Back