Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

2006 Explorer AC vacuum line replacement

Thanks for the idea to check the junk yard. I'm still not sure if the connector is removable or if I need the whole assembly.
  2. M

2006 is there a bulb for gearshift indicator?

I just had to replace this bulb for my 2006 Explorer XLT but the 74 bulb was too big. After some online searching, found a video showing the Sylvania 2721 as the bulb to use. For me that was the right size. Just adding this here for anyone else searching for the bulb.
  3. M

2006 Explorer AC vacuum line replacement

Air conditioner was not blowing from front vents (defrost only). After some internet search found that it could be the vacuum line. Discovered that the vacuum line at the vacuum control valve on the top of the engine was melted. I was able to find a vacuum control valve from local auto parts...
  4. M

2006 Explorer XLT rattle/clicking

I retrieved the following codes: P0340 - Camshaft Position Sensor A Circuit (Bank 1 or single sensor) DTC severity 2 of 3 P1336 - Crankshaft/Camshaft Sensor Range/Performance I'm guessing these have to do with the timing chain. Other than having it towed to a mechanic to get it looked at, can...
  5. M

Thanks. I might not have set the share settings properly. Here's another link:
  6. M

I was leaving the park with my family after a picnic this evening and when I started it up I heard the loud rattle, clicking sound in the linked video. At first it sounded like something was stuck in the fan. After looking around, I think the sound was coming from the coil area on top of the...
  7. M

Bulbs for Climate Control Backlight - 06 Explorer XLT

That's the one. I didn't realize the bulb came out of the blue plastic base. I picked up the Sylvania 74 (74LLB.P2) at Autozone. Been working fine for 2 weeks so I don't foresee any problems. Thanks @94Eddie.
  8. M

Coldest you've started your ex in?

around 9°F, (2006 V6)
  9. M

Bulbs for Climate Control Backlight - 06 Explorer XLT

There are 2 lights that provide the backlight for the 3 climate control knobs on the 2006 Explorer XLT. Both of mine have gone out. There are no markings but they have a blue plastic base that is rectangular on bottom. I've searched the web and have not found anything yet. Does anyone here have...
  10. M

instrument cluster light bulbs???

I have an 2006 Explorer XLT and needed to replace a cluster bulb as well. Found this part on Amazon and even though the listing says its for BMW, it was a match to the part I pulled out. This might be the same for your 2010...
Back