Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Explorer delays

However Tony I’m in the exact same boat as you. My build date was 7/19. Mine is also effected. As I stated I did a priority 1 build. See if your dealer will talk with there zone manager to make that happen. If you could PM me or share what your dealer comes up with of how fast they get things...
  2. S

Explorer delays

I am sure it is clear and fine. I have my exact build vehicle color and everything 75 miles away from my house. Built on 6/26 sitting on the dealer lot. I ran the vin and it is completely clear. They received the vehicle a week ago. Again maybe this vehicle went through the inspection process...
  3. S

Explorer delays

Maybe that was the plan. But obviously if they are finally notifying the Dealers and public on what is going on they will not hold the delivery any longer. There is a chance even vehicles in transit where being held until they came up with a plan, AND parts needed to fulfill the repair. My read...
  4. S

Explorer delays

Its odd that even the official papers I have, and the release on there website sorta contradicts whats going on. It says vehicles built from March 27th 2019 through July 24th are effected. HOWEVER I have plugged in multiple vin numbers during that range and some are and some are not. I wonder if...
  5. S

Explorer delays

You Read My News! (Ron Burgandy) sorry had too. :)
  6. S

Explorer delays

So I think this does tie in with the info I was told. I was told maybe something more specific cause it does say the gear positions and gear selected must be displayed while in park. Also there are additional pages to this but didn’t deem them that important. Additional page does say this is not...
  7. S

Explorer delays

Here you guys go.
  8. S

Explorer delays

She was talking so fast and I didn’t want to make her repeat stuff so I jotted down what she was saying. I mean at this point I’m ready to send 20 of my guys up to Chicago to get this inspection thing rollin! Lol. They have a huge rat problem at Chicago assembly. I keep dreaming of rats chewing...
  9. S

Explorer delays

Agree with everything you said. My source did also mention a cover and the words factory disable for not a recall but a Ford Field Service Action. I would advise that everyone type in there vin number at this link and see if it applies. Check For Ford® Recalls And Field Service Actions |...
  10. S

Explorer delays

If your vehicle is on a train stuck for weeks with no update I’m not sure what to tell you. Maybe shipping delays. I know for a fact some vehicles built 6/26 time frame where not effected. Even if the rotary shifter info turns out to be false I wouldn’t lose out hope yet for those vehicles. Is...
  11. S

Explorer delays

Speaking with experience of special orders through Ford a lot of 15 mustangs where autowarehoused and it took 2-6 months for those vehicles to ship. I know some members have already been waiting for a month. And every launch and case is different. Maybe the explorer will move faster than mustang...
  12. S

Explorer delays

Ok guys sorry. My work life has been kickin my rear. So I’ve been sitting on this for awhile and haven’t wanted to report this because I can’t collaberate it with someone directly related to Explorer within Ford Motor. This info does come from within Ford Motor but not someone that I know...
  13. S

Explorer delays

Be posting an update in a few minutes.
  14. S

Explorer delays

Ok....I am literally talking to Ford Performance engineers. Theses are guys I have become friends with through connections. I own one of the largest private shops on the east coast. I have been to and raced in Shelby events. We all get together and race at VIR every year. THESE GUYS don't know...
  15. S

Explorer delays

Think I have a reason for delay trying to get confirmation before throwing it out there.
  16. S

Explorer delays

Two different things. One I have official acknowledgment of a major hold/warehousing of 2020 explorers. No official numbers. Because of A problem. NOT the brake problem. Number two the brake problem does exist and Ford Dealers received the letter yesterday. Here is the letter....
  17. S

Explorer delays

BLWNSMOKE was correct. I can not confirm the hold number on the Exploeres or why there is a back up. However I do have the dealer letter in hand specifying wrong brakes being sold on vehicles.Basically the vehicle ships with street pack or regular brakes, and the dealer calibrates the ABS system...
  18. S

Explorer delays

And let the *****ing commence!!!! Ugh well at least I know it’s not like a serious paint defect or something but the wrong brakes! Come on Ford there Wagner junk brakes anyway! We all got the package for the black rims!!!
  19. S

Explorer delays

Yeah dozen sounds typical. I’m not saying there 18,000 on hold however if what he has heard is true....it falls into place some other things I’ve heard. Didn’t think it was that big of a problem though!
  20. S

Explorer delays

Yeah my dealer loons ford says they have a boat load. Dig deeper most are in transit
  21. S

Explorer delays

Mine has been in production since late June....25th I think.
  22. S

Explorer delays

Interesting info Blwnsmoke! I know a lot of Ford Performance guys. I asked them and they said they have heard problems at CAP but have no insight into the problems. They also echoed a large delievery hold but zero details. I was worried mine was being repaired offsite. But it’s status is...
  23. S

2020 Ford Explorer ST ATLAS BLUE ORDERED

I placed my order 4/25. Went "in production" in late June. Its still in production. My actually build date was 7/13. Customer order tracker shows a date of 7/19. However its still in production. Dealer tracking shows, primary as in production, seconday is Origin Received - (Auto Warehousing)...
  24. S

2.5 months until build date??

Sorry probably wrong place for this but thought i ask a general question. Also thought I share order schedule example.
  25. S

2.5 months until build date??

I placed my order 4/25. Went "in production" in late June. Its still in production. My actually build date was 7/13. Customer order tracker shows a date of 7/19. However its still in production. Dealer tracking shows, primary as in production, seconday is Origin Received - (Auto Warehousing)...
Back