Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Rear LED Fail-Wire Harness?

Sent the car to my neighborhood shop, they ran a diagnostics on it. The problem came from the LED reflectors I installed and spliced into the rear lights. I loved the LED lights but they disconnected them to fix the problem. Weird part is I had them on the car for over a year now but I just...
  2. W

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Please keep us updated on this Joe, I was eyeing this unit for a while but was hesitant because of the cheap price point for such a unit and because no one on this forum had one. Might pull the trigger =)
  3. W

It’s the inner led, the ones the brake uses but also lights up at night and when you unlock the car.
  4. W

I failed my state safety inspection last week due to rear LED (inner portion) not lighting up as a DRL but it DOES light up when I hit the brakes. I ordered a new rear light housing which just arrived but the problem persists. I tested the old and new light on the other side of the vehicle and...
  5. W

Aftermarket Apple Carplay Receiver 2016 Exp. XLT

I agree, converting to SYNC3 is the best best and looks factory fresh. I spent around $800 for everything including the dongle for ForSCAN. I loved it so much, I converted my wife's 2013 Ford Fusion too. While she won't admit it, I know she loves it. It truly modernizes your cars feel...
  6. W

How many miles does your 5th gen Explorer have?

2016 Platinum with 78K, recently replaced the transfer case.
  7. W

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Looks amazing! I've been searching for a hood for my 2016. I got excited after seeing your post then realized it don't make it for 2016+
  8. W

3.5L Ecoboost Owners - What MPG are you getting?

I get about 16 mpg but I regular go 65-70ish to and from work on the highway. I also have 22's which might make a difference.
  9. W

PTU gone bad

Thanks! My uncle works at a Chevy dealership, he was going to call Ford to get the exact part number to begin the repairs, really bummed out, I just detailed her that day to ensure a nice week.
  10. W

PTU gone bad

What's up guys, I have a 2016 Platium with just under 70K. Last weekend as I was parking, I noticed one of my front tires slipped. At first, I thought it was mud which as soon as I got out of the car, I notice a strong smell and after inspection, noticed a silver liquid dripping from the...
  11. W

Looking at a 2017 Explorer Platinum

I bought my Platinum with 48K, it now has 70K on it. Do you guys recommend changing the pump ASAP as a preventive measure?
  12. W

Dealer Motorcraft parts vs online Motorcraft

Is anyone familiar with Levittown Ford Part? I just purchased new shocks and struts, the prices were great but now I'm a little worried. Genuine Ford Dealer Online Parts Catalog | Genuine Ford Auto Parts
  13. W

Steeda vs Bilstein shocks and struts

I'm on the same boat and want to know as well. Do you think Bilstein is better the OEM?
  14. W

Lowering or Brake Upgrade

Decided to go the lowering route then I'll get the brakes when it's time to have them replaced. I received the H&R springs the other day, I now need to find the right shocks and struts combo. Any recommendations? I figure I might as well change them too since they'll need to be removed for the...
  15. W

Roof Rail Delete

Interesting, please post, realizing now that we can only hold 50 lbs with a moon roof, they're completely useless switch is really sad.
  16. W

15-16 MPG? Is something wrong?

I switched to 22's, mileage is the same. I don't baby her but I do drive with my eye on the dash. To and from work, I drive at about 65-70, I assume this is the main reason. Going to switch out the air filter tomorrow to see if it help. Thanks for all the input guys, really appreciate it...
  17. W

Lowering or Brake Upgrade

What's up fellows!? I'm have some fund to blow and was wondering, if you had a choice, would you lower the Explorer or get a brake upgrade? I just recently installed black 22's on my 2016 Platinum with 70K miles and the itch got me. I was thinking of installed H&R spring with struts or the...
  18. W

I use regular gasoline. I have the stock 20's on but plan on switching to 22's very soon. I was thinking about getting the spark plugs and fuel filter changed to see if that would help. After driving my wife's 2014 Fusion Hybrid, I really started realizing how bad my MPG was, at this rate, I...
  19. W

What's going on guys. I purchased a 2016 Platinum early last year. I was expecting a better MPG than 15-16 but that's the best I get. I mainly travel on the highway Monday-Friday for work. Is something wrong or is this typical. I don't run the car hard since I'm concious about MPG. It's...
  20. W

JHO Rear Tailgate LED Lights

Just came across these and I kinda like them. Does anyone have these install on their Explorer? US $407.4 30% OFF|JHO Rear Tailgate LED Light Bar Strip with Turn Signal Lamp Brake Light For Ford Explorer 2016 2017 2018 Car Styling Accessories-in Chromium Styling from Automobiles & Motorcycles...
  21. W

Tesla Style Headunit

What's up guys, does anyone have any experience with the following head unit? For Ford Explorer Car GPS Navigation Headunit Radio Stereo Android OS Autoradio | eBay Looks really cool and look like it keeps all the OEM functions i.e camera, heated seats, etc.
  22. W

Are 22"s too big?

Those rims are the exact kind I'm looking for, they look perfect on your ride!!! Where did you get them from?
  23. W

SYNC 3 in a 2016 Explorer

My wife has a 2014 Ford Fusion, I decided to install the unit on her car and order the correct one for myself. Her's is done, I just need to program the unit...wish me luck! Mine should be in within the next couple of days. This projects funds quickly doubled!
  24. W

SYNC 3 in a 2016 Explorer

Hello guys, I just bought the following unit from Ebay. Ford Lincoln Sync 3 Module and Screen - 2019 Model - Includes CarPlay. | eBay I was about 99% done with the installation when I realized the brackets that came with the unit doesn't fit. I attempted to switch out the bracket from my...
  25. W

Are 22"s too big?

Thanks for the advice, I'm sure the ride will be stiffer but I think the look will pop.
Back