Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Solved 5R55W/S O/Drive flashing fault on a 2009 Ranger in Australia.

Unfortunately electrical is my weakness unless it's really obvious. I did check band adjustments (which were out) before I threw in the towel. Thanks for everyone's advice .
  2. P

Well apparently it's all fixed. Picking up Thursday . Cause faulty workmanship from transmission workshop. One of the speed sensors on top of the transmission connector/wiring was not connected properly and had been glued in position with silicon. Throwing that incorrect ratio fault code. $900...
  3. P

Hi everyone, update on this problem. I've sent it to Ford now and are waiting for there diagnosis and repair. I'll update the findings in the coming week.
  4. P

ELM327 usb modified for Ford ELMconfig latest chip HS-CAN MS-CAN Forscan OBD2 $27.99 AU on ebay.com.au
  5. P

Hi, I had a look on ebay for one. There are alot of different brands. Is there any particular on you would recommend,
  6. P

Checked and adjusted bands. Both were out of spec. they appeared to be about another two turns further out. (107in/pounds, then backed off 2 turns). Found a workshop manual and it appears our transmission is a 5R55S. Cleaned MAF and MAP sensors with isopropyl . I did have the cross member out...
  7. P

I was reading another thread on here with similar issues. And there was something partially blocking a valve in the valve body stopping it from closing. Remember I said they tried two other used bodies and they were worse. I'm going to ohm the ecm cable to transmission also to rule that out...
  8. P

The 2007 came up on the workshops scan tool. Should say 2009. Not sure if they manually input that . Car is definitely a 2009 model
  9. P

The 2007 came up on the workshops scan tool. Should say 2009. Not sure if they manually input that . Car is definitely a 2009 model
  10. P

Just double checking. The plate on my transmission plate 52U502G BM3915 9M3P Is this a 5R55W/S transmission? Vin MNAUSFE909W844396 2007 Ford Ranger
  11. P

I don't have one (in/lb torque wrench) but I'll look for one. This thread might be quite for a while as I'm busy fencing on the farm and the car is looking like a winter task. When it's too cold to do work outside. I will update as I get further along. Checking the band adjustment I'll try...
  12. P

Can bands be checked without box removed as not broken?
  13. P

Ok so it looks like a box out of car from what I'm reading. Am I correct. Other than band adjustments. I did today test the TPS and its good. 0.59v idle to 3.5v dc full throttle. And even up and down with me tapping it with the handle of a screwdriver. Will clean MAF and MAP sensors in next day...
  14. P

I'll check if it's cable but I think it is. TPS is under dash above the accelerator pedal. I asked about servo bore wear but they can't remember if they built it or bought it in. They said if they had built it it would have been bushed. So an unknown. Does anyone believe with certainty with...
  15. P

Overnight I left the battery disconnected and pos and neg leads clamped together in contact.Today we drove the ranger 60 km to town at 100km/h in cruise control. No faults at all, but notably spent 99% of the time in 4th and only times in 5th was down hill or breif coasting. As soon as any load...
  16. P

Anyone recommend a scan tool that will read transmission codes as well.
  17. P

They also tried 2 s/hand valve bodies. Said it was worse.
  18. P

I'll call the workshop tomorrow and ask. Pretty sure they said it wasn't showing any codes. The original box before reco they said it scanned for high pressure.
  19. P

Hi everyone, looking for some guidance from across the waters please. Have a 2009 Ford ranger xls 4x4 3.0 L turbo diesel , 5 speed automatic trans. 150000kms About 21000kms ago a reconditioned transmission was fitted and recently the same fault O/D flashing is back. Local automatic shop has...
Back