Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Typical Chicago...

Thanks that helps.
  2. S

Typical Chicago...

Yeah Lincoln refusing to send out a Field Engineer is more than the UAW. Even after they told the dealership and concierge they would. Now I am trying to find out if a 1/2 gap is within spec...
  3. S

Typical Chicago...

Doesn't make up for building it like crap the refusing to send out a Field Engineer to look at it.
  4. S

Gas Mileage in 2020+ Explorer

Wish I could up vote this more than once.
  5. S

E85 at $3.50@gallon vs 87 octane $6.00@gallon.

like wanting a medal for putting out a fire you started....
  6. S

Typical Chicago...

So after another month in the body shop they claim to have fixed my misalignment issue. I know my 2020 was no where like this. Is this just standard and I had a good one last time but my 2022 has about a 1/2 gap between the hood and the headlight. It start out over an inch.
  7. S

Makes no sense. If you can rebate 400 bucks then just lower the gas taxes.....
  8. S

Then why is it cheaper in Tx? They have the exact same scenario you described.... In the Mo, Ks, Ne area normally gas is a little cheaper because it is a crossroads of transportation for trucks, rail, and pipelines.
  9. S

Rodents eating my wiring harness.

Hmm I think a cat might be in order...
  10. S

Lincoln Ranked Above Average In 2022 U.S. Vehicle Dependability Study

If it wasn't for the Aviator it would likely be closer to the top. I know all of my loaners have been solid vehicles. I think I have had 6 or 7 different ones and only one was an Aviator. Just said the other day while driving another loaner Natalis... other than the Aviator Lincoln makes some...
  11. S

Not a glowing report on the 2022 Ex.

Can you really trust anything out of Chicago? We really like out Aviator but are just tired of all the dumb issues that really do come from it being put together crappy. This last time when on the phone with Lincoln about the fact I could still fit my hand between the headlight and hood...
  12. S

We have had 4 brand new vehicles from CAP. 2013 Explorer Sport, 2016 Explorer Platinum, 2020 Lincoln Aviator, 2022 Lincoln Aviator. All 4 of them had issues that should have prevented them from leaving the factory yet they all did. 2013-torn headrest and several paint defects. 2016 Half of...
  13. S

Because its a textbook example of having a manufacturing process out of control. CAP needs to be shut down. Quality and consistency would drastically improve if they were made anywhere but Chicago. Hell even Mexico would be an improvement.
  14. S

Exhaust smell sport mode

Oh... make sure your windows are rolled up.. I had a kid leave one just barely open.. that let in some odd smells... haha
  15. S

Exhaust smell sport mode

Just throwing this out there. Another thought I had is, you need exhaust heat to geat the CATs to operating temp. However your turbos are pre CATs in alignment so they are going to suck up a lot of your exhaust temps before your CATs get them. We make a lot of short trips now, but I still...
  16. S

Exhaust smell sport mode

From my experience these turbo engines need to be run. They start to back up and you will get that smell. I am assuming you are running it pretty gentle since you are in slippery mode. One thing to remember is I think in slippery mode it really retards the throttle response. Basically it...
  17. S

2020 Ford Explorer Platinum - No Radio & Navigation Suddenly

This issue is likely compounded by the fact that one similar issue was fixed with a software patch but dealers wouldn't follow the update procedure and would just replace modules. Something like half of the modules sent in Ford Corp noticed they were not updated and once updated ran correctly...
  18. S

Exhaust smell sport mode

giver the ole italian tune up and see it it goes away.
  19. S

Agree, the transmission is the last thing I have had trouble with. HA. I you want harsh come take a ride with me as I jam through the gears of a manual when I shift fast enough that I don't even let off the gas...
  20. S

No... but most of their "problems" do not seem like problems to me. If these new transmissions get off on their learning they can do odd things and I don't think they are programed to expect people to putter around like they are driving miss daisy. Likely why ST owners seem to have less...
  21. S

Have owned/own a total of 3 10-speeds without issue. The F150 had a bit of an issue after tge dealer un hooked the battery. After a couple weeks un hooked and re hooked to reset the computer and back to perfect.
  22. S

I do not know how many times it has to be said. If your transmission has shifting issues then un hook your battery for 15ish minutes then hook it back up. Then drive your vehicle... don't just put around.
  23. S

High Voltage Failure

Ha no crap.... lol Just wondering if anyone else has had this same error.
Back