Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

96 explorer heat control

Ok I checked the bulb it works in the other two spots. Here’s what I am thinking. I hooked up a radio aftermarket I used three wires from the factory plug but the other wires go into the radio and I have looked at all the diagram on this fourm and can’t see these 3 colours any where. 1996...
  2. T

96 explorer heat control

Ok thanks
  3. T

96 explorer heat control

Long story short I used my fog lamp switch to turn on and off my amplifier (fog lights never used them) I just unplugged it and wired in the amplifier but now my centre of the heater controls no lights ? I assume the wire needs to be plugged back into fog lights ? Anyone have heater control...
  4. T

Radio wiring plug diag

OK Thank You very much. You have tones of great information in there.
  5. T

Radio wiring plug diag

I can’t find anywhere the diagram for my one radio plug 1996 explorer limited 5.0 awd jbl tape with cd in glove box and rear sub I found the one for the second plug. But none of the other diagram s I found on the site have the other plug and correct colour of wires ??? Any idea ?
  6. T

Engine not heating up fully

Well guys I put it in backwards lol but the funny thing is how come it never overheated ?
  7. T

Ok thanks a lot guys I was using a temp gun to get all the readings. Fan clutch brand new. I just grabbed a new t state today I ll let you guys know. I did remove the fan and it took along time but it did get up to 195 so I think abad t stat
  8. T

Ok so just replace my thermostat on 1996 5.0 awd. The engine only gets up to about 158-170 max idling for like 30 mins. The upper rad hose is at around 69. What’s going on ? Bad new thermostat? I took off the fan for a test and it got right up to 205-230 and I shut it off. Has a big 3 core rad...
  9. T

Fan help

Ya best idea
  10. T

Fan help

Oh ok hmm maybe I will just re order the metal one mine got bent though plastic be lighter
  11. T

Fan help

Guys I have a 1996 Ford Explorer with 5.0 and a steel fan blade in 1998 they have a plastic one can I order it instead? Will it work ?
  12. T

1996 5.0l idle rpm and timing

Ok thanks
  13. T

So far new plugs and wires coils I swapped out from my other truck still stumble s like a miss at idle ???
  14. T

What is fuel pressure on these ? Yes had the stumble/Miss before plugs and wires. I checked fuel pressure is 32 psi and hits about 40 with vacuum regulator disconnected.
  15. T

Ok thanks
  16. T

Two weeks old bin chasing this issue for 3weeks now
  17. T

No I never touched it.
  18. T

Ok thanks Well I cleaned it out rpms a bit higher but still has this stumble. New plugs wires and different coil packs still here
  19. T

Also no codes Ok I ll try that first
  20. T

It keeps stumbling like a miss fire
  21. T

So my engine seems to idle like crap. I put my live stream data logger on it and noticed it idle s at 650 rpms and the spark advance was at 22-24 degrees. Seems very high to me. So I slowly rev the engine to 724rpms and the spark advance drops to 15-17 then rises from there as I rev it up. So...
  22. T

P0340 won't go away.

Ok so I keep getting p0340. 1996 Ford 5.0 I have swapped cam sensor. Checked dieods in alternator there fine and keeps happening ? I put a volt meter in the signal wire it goes from like . 3 volts to .5 volts and out of nowhere it stops ??? So I am lost ??
  23. T

P0340 help....

Code keep s happening 😢😢
  24. T

P0340 help....

Takes about 34 second s goes slowly up to 6.4 then slowly back down to 3.5 and keeps repeating
  25. T

P0340 help....

Ok so I checked the wire at the cam sensor it goes from 3.5 volts up to about 6.4 slowly goes up then comes down and repeats. This normal have a video.
Back