Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Solved Passenger side rattle

Ah - I recall seeing this a while back. Thanks for the refresher. Jay
  2. E

Solved Passenger side rattle

1depd - thank you for this info. I'm having similar rattles as well in that general area. Would it be possible to get a picture of the problem area for the rest of us? Thank you, Jay
  3. E

Battery Replaced at 19 Months/19K Miles

Apologies in advance for reviving an old thread and for potentially missing something in my search(es) [Peter, I tried :) ]. With the cold weather knocking on our doors in the North East, I would like to replace my battery. We have a 2020 ST and last year on two separate occasions about...
  4. E

How to: Power mirror circuit: hard-wiring radar detector, camera, etc.

Brute force Mike :). You won't break them. As far as i can tell from this thread and my own experience, no one has any problems with pulling the cover off. Jay
  5. E

Cargo area cover for 22 Timberline or EXT?

Hey JS: If you get any feedback [or if you happen to just get it], pls keep us posted - some of us have been looking for something like this. Am curious as to how it clips on once it is fully pulled... Jay
  6. E

Helping people out of snow?

Peter: I wanted to go as small as I could and as the consensus has said, the 19s was the way to go. Have been using Blizzaks for several years over several cars - even the wifey never has to think twice about going out in the snow if she has to... Great tires IMHO... Jay
  7. E

Helping people out of snow?

Yes [pulled out] and no [not to help in an emergency]... Our plow guy had no choice one day a few weeks ago and had to pile the snow in front of my MIL's car [this car was not being used so had been sitting around with a dead battery]. So, like Rick said, good stuff: Like Peter said, tires...
  8. E

Antifreeze

This + this... When I picked up mine in May 2020 and drove home, I started reading the book [see Peter? :cool:] while looking under the hood and noticed my coolant way below the recommended line. Drove to another dealership and the manager came out with additional coolant. He then showed me 3...
  9. E

How Many Kilometers Can A 2021 Ford Explorer ST Go On A Full Tank Of Gas?

Kilometers? Never heard of them... :) As Peter stated - it will vary a lot. In my own experiences - and solely going by the dash gauge which before anyone says anything - I know - it's not accurate, I will vary anywhere from 375 mi [~600 km] to, once only, 465 [~750 km]. I now have about...
  10. E

Jacking 2020 - Ford explorer

A follow up question about jacking these guys up. LIke many of you, I swap the tires twice a year for the winter months. I use a floorjack like 4wdExplr does also, but in previous vehicles, I would also rotate my tires from front to back and would use jackstands to keep the vehicle up for...
  11. E

Android Auto Waze fully zoomed in

Well actually - yes. And, like you, the GPS has had me leaving my regular route on the highway [where there aren't even exits], figuring something out and then getting back on the highway [where there are no entrance ramps]. I will give the reboot a try and see what happens. Thank you MM. Jay
  12. E

Android Auto Waze fully zoomed in

Hi all: When my Android phone is plugged [USB C to USB C] in and I use Waze, the screen is fully zoomed in. So when on a highway, it should be zoomed out but when getting closer to an exit or at lower speeds, it should be zoomed in a bit. So, on the highway, I just see the local streets, exits...
  13. E

SYNC 3.4 Most recent version?

Ah - I recall seeing a post from you a few days ago that it was going to be shortly - I guess I was shortening it further. Thank you both Buzz and Eng! Jay
  14. E

SYNC 3.4 Most recent version?

I'm having an OTA update issue. When I go to owner.ford.com and put in my VIN, it says that I'm due to get 20136. When I go into the Ex and do a check, it says I'm up to date - but at 19274. I've tried to switch automatic updates on/off but not getting anywhere. I was able to update my...
  15. E

Power liftgate won't open or close with dash button

Steve: I had the same issues also intermittently when it wouldn't close. The Lift Gate Module was replaced and I have had no problems [knock on bald head] since then. Keep that in mind... Jay
  16. E

Power liftgate won't open or close with dash button

Mine was a bigger issue where the module for the liftgate had to be replaced as it would not close with either of the three buttons... Jay
  17. E

Wind / Whistle Noise from Front Door / Mirror?

Blwnsmoke: What/how did you address your mirror having the clear bra on it? I have the whistle and Xpel on it and would want to keep the wrap on. Thank you, Jay
  18. E

6th Gen Stock 2020+ Explorer & Aviator Photo Thread

To all of you who made this ride into a journey - Thank You for all of the insights you have shared... You truly have helped along every step... And because of all of you - This is what I ride... And this is where I ride... Jay
  19. E

Liftgate won't open or close

Peter: I'm just going to start calling you Mr Britannica... ;) Thank you for looking into this - again... Jay
  20. E

Update: After checking all points/measurements/cabling etc. and being on the phone with Ford Engineering, the service dept replaced the lift gate module from another Explorer on the lot. Not have had a problem since - fingers crossed. 2 questions arose for me: 1). Is there actually a lift...
  21. E

3M Clear Bra Questions

I had the x-pel ultimate 'highway pkg' installed on ours [hood, mirrors, lights, bumper, quarter panels]. Also had them ceramic it. I paid a bit more than Blwnsmoke but I also do live in the NY metro area and these guys were the lowest and had the highest ratings around. Well worth it...
  22. E

Pricing help!

When we were getting our ST, the dealer had sent me the VIN of the one they wanted to sell. It had a build date of Oct 2019. I went on their website and found the exact same specs of what we wanted with a build date of Mar 2020. I told them that I would only take that one and they obliged...
  23. E

Thank you FastHarley! Will bring this in. Jay
  24. E

Hi Peter - I stand corrected. The chimes only happen when it was trying to close previously - not open. Ruz & Peter - as I said above trying to close previously. After driving for about an hour, I needed to take some other stuff out and hit the button on the dash and voila - it opened and...
  25. E

Hi Ruz: I have moved it within our driveway twice since this started - same thing. Calling for an appointment... Jay
Back