Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

2004 Sport Trac 302 V8 Swap Prep

That's the problem. 99-01 Ex fed the driver seat belt signal to the gem and then to the cluster and used the message center (if equipped) for the tone request (annoying beeping). 01-03 ST fed a single signal from the SRS for both driver and passenger to the gem and then the cluster and used the...
  2. C

@tjtheman007 I was hoping it would work too! I got readings through the scan gauge, but couldn't get the tac, speedometer or odometer to work. If I remember correctly, the other temp and pressure gauges worked, which is weird because those are said to be also communicated over SCP. If someone...
  3. C

The 04-05 digital cluster uses the SCP data links to get speed and RPM but i couldn't get it to work with the 99 ECU. The 04-05 cluster microprocessor does most of what the GEM did in earlier models so to swap clusters, you also need to add in the GEM. Big pain, but it worked! When I get the...
  4. C

I did a 99 5.0 in my 05 trac. The main differences between an 01-03 swap is the fuel pump driver module wiring and the cluster. I ended up using the GEM and cluster from the 99 and a Dakota digital to get most everything working. If anyone has any specific questions, let me know. It can be done!
  5. C

Anyone get the ABS light off on a 01 ST v8 swap?

Well done! Sig on low and P-u to off is the key I guess. Now I'm curious and will have to double check exactly what I have it set on. My cruise is also not working, let me know if you find a fix. I haven't had time to mess with it lately. Was thinking of running a dedicated wire to the cruise as...
  6. C

Glad it worked! Let me know if you have any trouble with the Dakota Digital. Took me forever to figure out how to make it work and how to mount it and run the wires the best.
  7. C

Let us know how it goes!
  8. C

When I had the explorer ABS unit in, the speedo worked, but the abs did not (same code as you) and with the trac ABS unit in, there was no ABS code, but the speedo did not work. So I used the trac ABS unit and used the Dakota Digital SGI-5E to get the speedo to work. The Dakota Digital gets it's...
  9. C

I ended up using the ABS module from the Trac and then using a Dakota Digital for the speed conversion. I was having the same problem as you and this worked.
  10. C

5.0L Swap in Sport Trac Questions

No problem @mic98xlt, and I will post a whole write up soon, just have to find the time to clean all my spreadsheets up. For the airbag, I think it has to do with the supplementary restraint system. In the tracs, both the driver and passenger seat belt restraint signals get sent into the SRS and...
  11. C

You are correct, there are some changes that had to be made to get the fuel delivery to work. The '04-'05 have a Fuel Pump Driver Module (FPDM) which needs to be bypassed as the '99 -'01 5.0's did not have this. The FPDM has 6 wires coming in. The changes at the FPDM are: Pin 1: Fuel Pump...
  12. C

The speedometer was the larger headache. The '04 and '05 tracs use SCP multiplexing to send the tach, speed and I think temperature outputs to the hybrid cluster. I tried, swapping the abs modules, wiring in the G-force sensor and wiring the speed output from the abs to the PCM hoping the PCM...
  13. C

I just finished this same swap ('05 trac with '99 5.0) a couple months back (write up to come). Swapping pats was actually one of the smaller headaches. You need the pats module and transceiver from the 5.0, swap the transceivers, mount the pats module (I mounted mine in the same location as...
Back