Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

09 Transmission??

I have a 09 4X4 with 125K. I have always been a little worried about transmission problems, but had not noticed any problems until a few days ago when after cruising on interstate for about 3 hours the truck started to lurch and shudder every 5 minutes or so while making a noticeable metal...
  2. A

Radio Button Back Lights

My 09 factory stock radio is slowing going dark. The display works fine, but the buttons are going dark. In researching the problem, I have run across several posts about re-soldering all the resistors on the main circuit board, but I haven't found anything about replacing the actual bulbs. I'm...
  3. A

Headlight Switch Bcklight

All: FYI this bulb works for the headlight switch back light.
  4. A

Roof Rack Side Rail Removal

I need to repaint the faded side rails on my 09 EB. From what I have read, I need to pop off the plastic covers on the front and rear brackets, then remove the 4 bolts attaching the rail. I'm not quite sure what happens to the middle bracket that has one bolt? If the front and rear are gone...
  5. A

Thanks. Bulb ordered. Fingers crossed :)
  6. A

At what mileage did your fuel pump die

I dont have the scanner. I appreciate the advise though. I ask my tech buddy to check it for me using your numbers. Thanks!
  7. A

At what mileage did your fuel pump die

My 09 with 122K just threw a fuel pressure rail sensor alert. Guy at the shop said it could be the sensor, or the fuel pump. Im thinking it may be best to change them both? The sensor is a lot easier if thats it. Truck has been getting a little hard to start lately, so it may be the pump.
  8. A

I noticed my headlight switch backlight was out. In looking around this forum and on the web, it seems like the fix is easy using a Dorman 639-038 bulb. When I try to verify its the right part, the retailers all respond that the bulb wont fit my 09 EB. Is this the right bulb?? Thanks!
  9. A

HVAC Console: Can I Swap?

I have a 09 EB with base "manual" HVAC dash controls. I have access to a free dual-temp automatic HVAC dash console from an 05 Explorer. Anybody know if these are interchangeable? I'm guessing not, but thought I'd ask anyway.
  10. A

Siren-Like "Whoop" Sound on 09

Lately I have been getting an occasional loud "whoop" from my 09 EB that sounds like a police siren yelp. It sounds just like a police car right beside or behind me hitting the siren for a quick pop. I can't replicate the problem, and I have no idea what's causing it. I was reading in the 5G...
  11. A

Whoop/Slide Whistle/Police Siren Noise

My 2009 is doing it too. Can't replicate it, but it always sounds just like a cop is behind or beside me hitting a quick " whoop" on a siren. Since all of these posts are for newer cars, I wonder how many 4G Explorers are having this issue too?
  12. A

War Eagle!

War Eagle!
  13. A

Cargo Shade

I have an 09 EB with third row. I know this model did not come with a retractable cargo shade, since it would hit the third row seats. But is there any reason a shade will not work if seats are folded down? Just want to make sure before I buy one. Thx!
  14. A

Hi from Knoxville

That didn’t take long :)
  15. A

Enabling Daytime Running Lights

I just bought an 09 Eddie Bauer. From what I have read I can have daytime running lights activated by dealer for around $50. Is that accurate?
  16. A

2010 Ford Explorer Sync upgrade from 3.01 to 4.6 -- Worth it?

I have the basic Sync with factory non-touchscreen head unit too. I tried to do the Sync update using a USB drive per instructions, but it wouldn’t work. Chatted with Ford and learned that the Sync upgrade for my 2009 has to be done by dealer....for a cost. So I said forget it. What i have seems...
  17. A

Hi from Knoxville

Howdy Gang- We’ll I’m back in the Explorer business with a 2009 EB. This will be my fourth following. 94 Eddie, a 2005 Mountaineer, and a 2006 Mountaineer Premier. So far so good with my 09, except finding instrument cluster lights has been a real challenge. I finally gave up and ordered a...
Back