Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Serpentine Chirping

I drove home from college for thanksgiving break 7 hours and my 98 5.0 X did totally fine, but the next day when I started it it had a chirp coming from somewhere on the belt. In June I replaced one idler pulley that had gone bad and the serpentine belt while I was at it, this week I then...
  2. P

Locker Recommendations

I'm planning on installing some kind of locker into my 98 x and was hoping to get some recommendations. I'm trying to keep this on the cheaper side, so my main options right now are a limited slip or a lunchbox style. This is my daily driver and is driven on 7 hour trips from college to home...
  3. P

2nd Gen Front Diff Swap

well, Just as I thought this plan was almost possible, I climbed under my truck today and realized how close the dana 35 sits to the crossmember. Which means the 8.8 will not fit without some serious fabrication. With this being my daily driver and the budget of a mostly broke college student, I...
  4. P

2nd Gen Front Diff Swap

The expedition is 8in wider overall so the wheels would sit 4in wider on each side, somewhat similar to a long travel width. I need to get under an expedition to measure everything. Hopefully I can figure out all of the geometry if not might just SAS the front end.
  5. P

2nd Gen Front Diff Swap

i would be moving both, or using larger knuckles. Most likely the prior. This whole plan is still in the early stages so I don't have an exact answer to everything yet. ' My wording my not have been great there. what I meant is my plan would be to either custom fabricate drop brackets that...
  6. P

2nd Gen Front Diff Swap

Im not worried about tire size, I want a stronger front diff with locker options. Im a college student studying industrial design and metalwork, so I will be making a custom lift similar to the superlift this winter. It just seems like a logical time to upgrade the diff if I will be making drop...
  7. P

2nd Gen Front Diff Swap

Ok so I'm new to the forum, although I have been lurking since I bought my X last summer. I want to upgrade the front diff in my 98 5.0, which currently has a TT AAL and shackles with 265/75/16 Falken Wildpeak AT's. My plan is to take the 8.8" IFS out of an expedition or f150 of the sameish...
Back