Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Sohc 4.0 06 ex 303,000 do you think I should get a new motor or fix stock

I did a v8 swap in a 2005, I'm driving it now. from the v8 car I used the motor and trans, steering shaft, abs module, pcm, cylinder lock, both cars were advance trac v8 car had clogged cats, so I cut off the flanges where it connects to the exhaust manifold and welded them to the v6 Y pipe...
  2. K

v8 has 6 speed in gen 4, sorry I did not specify
  3. K

gen 3 and gen4 are slightly different, you have gen4's with 6speed, gen3 is 5speed, same tranny is v6 and v8 but programing is different. exhaust is same but v8 is 2 1/2 inch v6 is 2 1/4 at Y pipe, after Y pipe it is the same I did a v8 swap, biggest problem was the pats key system,
  4. K

no hard feeling here Donalds, since you voted for Trump you're ok in my book but if I wanted someone to contradict me I would take to my wife
  5. K

Anyone who quotes Obama has no credibility
  6. K

v8 swap does not need an exhaust system, the flange that connects to the exhaust manifold is larger. transmission is same
  7. K

obviously "donalds" has never done more than put gas in his car.
  8. K

If the body and interior are good then keep it, otherwise forget the sentimental value and junk it. The 4.0l motor is piece of garbage, period. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I would find it hard to believe if the motor in that explorer has not had the timing chain guides replaced. Do not...
  9. K

Primary timing chain tensioner

hi If you are breaking primary chains, the most likely cause is the jackshaft is not aligned properly due to worn out jackshaft bearings. What happens is the worn out bearing causing the shaft to be on a slight angle barely perceivable but enough to cause side load on the chain which it is not...
  10. K

Overdrive button

Don't buy it, obviously has transmission issues, the button being stuck in is just a rouse. Keep looking.
  11. K

2004 head problems

timing chain probably went
  12. K

Get what you pay for: front timing guide fail <11K miles

Hi Just as a FYI, these motors tend to wear out the jackshaft bearings and this leads to a slight misalignment of the timing chains. I've see rear jackshaft bearing wear and the rear chain then snaps as it is not aligned properly. Make sure that is not the case here or you will have guide and or...
  13. K

Exhaust manifold question

hi If they don't leak then leave them alone! If you do you can try vice grips, welding nut onto stud, or worst case drill then out and re-tap the holes. V6 usually does not have an issue with exhaust manifold studs as much as the V8's do.
  14. K

03 explorer 4.0 v6 vin k crank no start

you are right compression test would be easier if you have the tool to check compression
  15. K

03 explorer 4.0 v6 vin k crank no start

are you sure you did not pop a timing chain? Pull the valve covers see if the cams spin
  16. K

Jack shaft sproket bolt

hi yes I have reused it, no issues point to note is that you should put in new jackshaft bearings as that is a major cause of low oil pressure in the 4.0's. I made my own tool to pull them out and press the bearings in.
Back