Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Low battery causing shutoff at stop lights?

How about bad connection at positive battery terminal? The design of that connector with a fuse built in it and other wires leaving it isn't good. It corroded badly and ruined the battery and cable assembly. It was causing the instrument panel to freak out. Eventually it wouldn't start. But...
  2. C

Coolant change. Which color?

Which type of coolant does ford say to use? Theirs I'm sure. Looking at autopart store the other day I saw several different types, colors, for foreign, domestic. I didn't realize there are so many different ones today. Thought only green and orange.
  3. C

Trans fluid replace interval?

For me, that should be the third time.
  4. C

Thanks to all. As for reading the owners manual, I went to private school, can't read. LOL But really, I couldn't find it in there. And 3 dealers never gave me a solid answer. But anyway, I just had it done at a dealer and it cost over $300. They said they "serviced it". Flushed it. Said the...
  5. C

Give it back after 3 years or keep it?

Get rid of it and get a new rear wheel drive based Explorer. Not a turbo if you plan on keeping for a long time.
  6. C

When does ford recommend replacing/flushing trans fluid? I have a 2014 with the tow package transmission, with 85000+ miles on it. Wife drives it mostly. Three dealers in my area can't give me a straight answer. I brought it in a week and a half a go to have it serviced because it was shifting...
  7. C

New to Ford, not automobiles

I figured it out, thanks
  8. C

2020 Explorer Water Pump Design

Thank you. I'm thankful the 2020 is rear drive, was concerned about the water pump. Might order a 2020 XLT now.
  9. C

2020 Explorer Water Pump Design

Is the 3.0 V6 water pump design the same as the previous 3.5? Will it leak into engine and tear it up having to replace engine? Seams like Ford would have fixed it considering the class action law suit.
  10. C

Fog Lights on XLT

Like Joe Pesche said, "They just trying to F@#k you"
  11. C

Water pump failure leads to dead engine

Has the class action water pump leaking into engine causing terminal damage issue bee solved? I have just learned about this. Also just learned that if you need to have the water pump replaced the engine has to come out. I have less than 25000 miles left on my warranty so i need to dump this...
  12. C

Call me stupid. I can't figure out how to post a new thread.
  13. C

I have a Ford, One. Never had a used one but I bought this one new. 2014 Explorer XLT, Ruby Red, Black Leather, Sunroof. It has over 75000 miles on it. Ordered it in 2013 and my wife loves it. Will be posting in that gen forum. Andrew
Back