Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

2000 Explorer Cargo Space Speakers Mod

Thanks for the feedback, I actually appreciate what you're saying. I wanted to at least put out there the ideas I was thinking about to see what someone with more knowledge of what I'm talking about would advise. I don't want to drop in an enclosure in the cargo space because I do use the back...
  2. A

2000 Explorer Cargo Space Speakers Mod

I'm looking for pictures of ONLY 1995-2001 Ford Explorer's that have modified their cargo space with different speaker modifications on the side panels, lift gate or even on the corners of the headliner. I'm not concerned with subwoofer mods, Only door speaker type mods in the cargo space area...
  3. A

What is the screen panel on the P.S. of the cargo area?

Cool, thank you! It's been difficult finding info on something I didn't know this vehicle has stock installed on it, and figuring how to look up these videos. I completely missed this one. Very helpful.
  4. A

I was thinking the same thing. In the comments for his video he did get asked about insulating his work and he says he didn't. I cringed thinking about how many times that will eventually touch against the door. Even if he wrapped it with electrical tape would be better than leaving it exposed...
  5. A

This guy only shows what to do to remove and reinstall the door panel. Skip ahead to 0:53 to get past his talking. Be careful removing the parts on the door panel, this guy almost stabs himself. But this video is also informative.
  6. A

This video shows the P.S. cargo area panel already removed and showing there's a subwoofer box behind it. This video just shows what he did to replace the door speakers. I wish he recorded a time laps video of the actual work in both videos, but it's still informative.
  7. A

It's ok, thank you anyways. I actually stumbled across a YouTube video about it, I'll see if I can upload it on here. Apparently certain models have a subwoofer back there. But I will definitely have to remove the entire side panel to get to it. For now I'm just going to disconnect it and the...
  8. A

Great, thank you! That I know how to do. I just wanted to ask before trying and breaking something unnecessarily.
  9. A

I need to replace all the speakers in my 2000 Explorer XLT that I recently bought. I was trying to remove this panel but I can't figure out how to remove it yet without breaking the clips. I was trying to see if there was a speaker behind it because it does look like a speaker panel. The...
  10. A

What tools are included for spare tire change?

If I luckily find the jack I'll be sure to test it there that it works first and I'll make sure it extends the proper length.
  11. A

I'll be going to the junkyards soon to check for the rods and jack.
  12. A

Maybe this video can help you too. It's perfect for me.
  13. A

Thank you so much for this video, that's exactly what I needed to see. And thanks for sharing your vicious guard dog, that gave me a good laugh. That rod with the hook is exactly what I'm missing. Again thank you, this was perfect.
  14. A

I recently purchased a 2000 Ford Explorer XLT but 2 of the tools that are for lowering/raising the spare tire are missing and when I spoke to the previous owner they didn't know it was missing and they didn't remember what they looked like. I'm rather good with vehicles and I know my parts and...
Back