Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Who is dissatisfied with the 2020 Ten-Speed Trans

What’s most bothersome about these transmission issues is that they boil down to bad tuning. I’d like to give the engineers the benefit of the doubt that the rough 1-2 clunk was unavoidable for emissions cycle reasons, but it makes me feel the engineers didn’t care as much as they should, or...
  2. G

Thoughts on Platinum and King Ranch

I know it won’t be upgradeable to Sync 4, however when the car receives a manufacture mid-cycle refresh it will likely get it like the Ford Edge. Updates seemingly have only been to address bugs. The system desperately needs an update to fix the layout of the vehicle surround camera’s, support...
  3. G

Thoughts on Platinum and King Ranch

I have a 2020 Explorer Platinum, and there are so many minor issues that could be solved with software updates to make the owners and potential buyers happy. The King Ranch is just a different color offering for the Platinum with no standard AWD and nothing else, and it should have been offered...
  4. G

First Off-Road Experience

First time off road after one year of ownership on a road trip in Wyoming.
  5. G

Chinese Market Explorer Infotainment Update for 2021 US Models?

No knobs for the HVAC controls is a bad choice in my opinion. The bezel’s looked improved, but they’re still way too thick for my tastes. I am interested in sync 4 after seeing demos of the Mach-E’s system.
  6. G

Stock LED headlights vs 2016-2019

I have trouble seeing left and right at intersections at night. The “adaptive headlights” of my Platinum don’t have much noticeable effect either. This issue is compounded by the window tint my dealer puts on every SUV and truck on their lot. Further the design exposes the headlights to a...
  7. G

Tech Package Worth It? Specifically massaging seats

I really like the massaging seats, but its not enough to make up for the tech package with the embarrassing vertical screen. Majority of passengers my point ask, “Is that an iPad on the dash?” or “did the car come like that?” It’s the only thing they notice and it’s not pretty or useful. If...
  8. G

Missing Part - Rear Air Deflector

Can you give us the part number of the air deflector they installed? Was it the same as the 11778 used on the Limited model?
  9. G

Selected to meet with Ford (2020 Explorer) Engineers - INPUT NEEDED

Here’s a list of questions you could consider: Is there a major update coming/in the works? A large portion of our issues are software related and I believe could be easily fixed in a dealer update. Integration of cameras: For those with ST and Platinum trim why can we not access a full...
  10. G

360* Co-Pilot cam questions

I wonder why we can’t view each camera individually. The best use for the cameras in my last vehicle was to isolate the curb view while parking to get as close as possible without rubbing. One update would go a really long way to please some of Ford’s biggest spending customers and get the most...
  11. G

Sloshing sound with full tank

I’ve been driving a lot with AC off recently and it’s quite pronounced. I notice it will slosh a couple times over a few seconds after an abrupt stop. It’s really pronounced with the engine start-stop function enabled. My service advisor’s trying to pawn this off as normal, and that his “07...
  12. G

Default rear view camera, full view

My Explorer is in for the sloshing gas tank, suspension noises, and missing under body panel. Is this SYNC glitching something a dealer would help address?
  13. G

Default rear view camera, full view

I could forgive them for not offering the default widescreen, but SYNC glitches on startup every time and I can’t access the camera view switch buttons. I’m forced to squint at a screen size smaller than the base Escape I’ve been using as a loaner that understandably has the smallest and...
  14. G

Display tach on normal screen

I find the asymmetry of the screen in “Normal” mode to be odd. Ideally we could configure a lot more. I even like the center oriented speedometer you get when lane keep assist is disabled, but I prefer to keep that on. The fact that all these simple UX complaints (CarPlay screen size...
  15. G

5-Star rating Euro NCAP for 2020 FORD Explorer PHEV

2020 Ford Explorer Plug-In Hybrid Gets 5-Star Euro NCAP Rating EuroNCap crash tested the 2020 PHEV Explorer giving it a 5-star rating overall. I wonder how much this model differs in construction to US Spec models as the article notes the steel to protect the battery.
  16. G

Sync 4

Literally the only thing I need out of my 10.1” display to be fully satisfied. Using Waze Ford App for full screen is a nice half step as it looks beautiful and is really easier to navigate, but it lags considerably behind reality and I lose CarPlay functionality.
  17. G

Over The Air Updates

Will 2020 Explorer’s be able to receive these updates? Couldn’t tell from the article. It’d be nice for those with the tech pack to get a more cohesive operating system with Sync 4.
  18. G

Is the large portrait screen worth it in a platinum trim?

Small Screen is better in every way except for when using built in navigation. I’ve got a 2020 Platinum with tech Package and I’m annoyed by the screen’s lack of functions, but I had to have the massage seats. The small screen has a better implementation of backup cam + 360 cam, but it’s still...
  19. G

12 inch information display/gauge cluster

If Ford gives us support for full screen vertical CarPlay which is supported by IOS13, fixes the tiny backup/360 camera situation, and let’s us use the individual cameras and not just under 1.5mph, then it’ll be a useful feature and all will be worth it. Until then it only serves as a...
  20. G

12 inch information display/gauge cluster

I actually use it to parallel park every time and it works like a charm. For perpendicular parking it will work, but it’s much more nerve wrecking jerky and just takes way too long.
  21. G

Annoying things you have found that ford needs to fix

The intelligent cruise control needs a reprogramming. It’s a cool feature but for example, setting +7 mph above posted speed makes sense in a 70mph zone, but not elsewhere, 42 in a 35 wouldn’t be appropriate. In Explorers the speed warning flashes non stop which is honestly just distracting...
  22. G

View from Beneath a 2020 Explorer

Interesting to read about. The car does sound nice. I find road noise to be at a minimum as well. Hopefully some people will photograph the bottom of these vehicles. One question regarding NVH, you know if the Platinums have acoustic laminated glass all around? I’ve read that somewhere but I...
  23. G

Aviator Adaptive Cruise

The intelligent cruise control needs a reprogramming. It’s a cool feature but for example, setting +7 mph above posted speed makes sense in a 70mph zone, but not elsewhere, 42 in a 35 wouldn’t be appropriate. In Explorers the speed warning flashes non stop which is honestly just distracting...
  24. G

View from Beneath a 2020 Explorer

I wonder if that adaptive valve is for emissions or sound control. I’ve got a ‘20 Platinum as well and notice a great change in sound in sport mode. I was confused as I thought only the ST’s had active sound enhancement through the speakers, so this would be cool to know if the sound actually...
Back