Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Alternator/Pulley ?

I had power pullies on my x at one time and the alternator turned so slow it discharged the battery at idle! I like lots of juice outa my alternator, I'd go with the smaller one.....
  2. G

4WD Problem...Please help!

It could be moisture in the connector or motor on the T-case. I was having problems with mine shifting into 4wd at all, sometimes it would and sometimes it woulden't. I swaped out my electric T-case for a manual one so I woulden't have to worry about electronics failing when I need them most...
  3. G

100,000 Mile Club

112,000 miles.....I think my rear axle is bent...and the tranny is starting to go, but everything else is A O.K.!!!! The engine runs strong and I've only had to replace the MAF. I swaped out the transfer case for a manual one as well as the hubs. Oh yea, the A/C hasen't worked for years and...
  4. G

Axle tubes leaking at Diff

Well, my pinion seal is leaking and thats how I noticed the leakage around the tubes. The oil around the axle tubes does not appear to be comming fromt he pinion seal. I'm putting a new pinion seal in tomorrow. The oil around the tubes seems to be isolated and circles the entire tube/diff...
  5. G

Axle tubes leaking at Diff

My axle is leaking around where the axle tubes are pressed into the center section. It's not a bad leak but there is quite a bit of oil soaked around the joints. Should I be concerned?
  6. G

superlift 5.5in lift w/superrunner bracket

I've been running the superlift 5.5" kit for almost two years and have not had any problems. I installed the superrunner lift with radius arms and steering kit myself. I love the way it drives, it handles good on and off road and I haven't broken anything yet. I run 33's on 15x8 wheels and...
  7. G

Manual BW 13-54 swap info needed

:D I got my new Manual T-case and if all goes well it'll go in sunday!!!! I'll post some pics when I'm done. Anyone in the market for an electric 1354?;)
  8. G

new snorkle idea

I've been thinking a snorkel for some time now, I think some of the Toyota ones do fit, though if anyone has any better info, I could sure use it!
  9. G

frontend go POP!

Check your sway bar end links, mine poped a lot until I retightened them.
  10. G

Dead MAF sensor

My mass air sensor crapped out on me yesterday. It was beyond cleaning I'm afraid, so this morning (sunday) I had to replace it. It was surprisingly hard to find a place that carried them in stock, after I called about six places, the only places open, I finally came accross a guy who had a...
  11. G

CJ7 sway bar links??

I really don't want to use the drop blocks for my front sway bar that came with my 5.5" superlift. I've heard that cj7 links fit. How long and what end links do I need, I would like quick disconnect links if possible. Thanks
  12. G

Mile Marker Hubs installed!

Great, I'm glad to hear they went on easy. I'm putting mine on tomarrow, along with new wheel bearings, extended skyjacker brake lines and a brake job.
  13. G

Superlift VS. James Duff Radius Arms

Thanks, I'll be looking forward to getting a little more info on the shock placement. I like your idea with the old rear shock mounts and sway bar links........hmmmm...
  14. G

interesting.... I'm probably going to add the double shock mount from duff at the same time I install everything else. I've heard the shocks will rub on the sway bar with the double hoop, but I most likely will remove the sway bar with the double shocks. Did you have to do anything special when...
  15. G

How come you had to make custom shock mounts? I have the superlift kit and am going to buy duff arms for it before I install it, anything else I should know?
  16. G

i am lazy and impatient please help

Sorry man, only 95 and later explorers have torsion bars. If you want a small lift (1"-1.5") you can put on your warriors and some longer springs in the front. Any more lift and your looking at drop brackets and a lot of work.
  17. G

double shock mount

bump
  18. G

double shock mount

I was wondering if anyone had installed the james duff double shock hoop? I was thinging about installing them when I put on my superlift kit. I'll probably use james duff radius arms as well. What do ya thing?
  19. G

superlift radius arms, watch out!

Let me know how the Duff arms work with the superlift once you get it up and running.
  20. G

My Superlift kit??

I've got my 5.5" superlift waiting in the garage for when I can get a few days off to install it. It seems that I have read nothing but hate mail about any superlift product, mine is the superrunner with the radius arms. I'm nervous about the lifts reliability and am wondering if I made a big...
  21. G

best braided brake lines?

The new skyjacker braided brake lines are (as far as I know) the only ones that are DOT approved. I like 'em.
  22. G

Skyjacker-tire clearance

Good luck getting the 6" skyjacker, they're discontinued! That sucks, but you can still get the 4".
  23. G

AR-767 wheels

I'm looking for some opinions on a 4" backspacing on 15x8 wheels wearing 33x12.5 tires. Do you think it will rub. The guy at national wheel and tire told me the smallest backspacing I could get on those wheels in 4" I was originally thinking 3.5" but was wondering if 4" would be ok. I'm using...
  24. G

Those pesky spark plugs!!

All right guys, here you go. The passenger side plugs are much harder to get to. In order to access the rear plug on the passenger side you must reach through the wheel well access area to get out the plug, if you look the wheel well behind the heater box you will see that last plug. The...
  25. G

ticking noise........

Anyone else have this problem? When i'm idling in park, the engine is quiet except for the normal noise. When i'm idling in drive whether stoped or rolling, there is a ticking nose, tick tick tick tick tick comming from the bellhousing from the best I can tell, It's driving me nuts, it only...
Back