Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Z

Weird ABS problem help

Replaced the front right wheel bearing and it’s all good now. I looked inside the sensor hole in the old one looks like it had a couple teeth chipped. And a bunch of debris so who knows. Either way it’s fixed and has a new bearing. thanks all!
  2. Z

Weird ABS problem help

Thinking back when I spun the wheel and was looking at the tone ring I’m pretty sure it was missing a tooth. Either way i ordered a new wheel bearing. So I’ll install that with the new sensor and go from there. Either way won’t hurt replacing a bearing that has over 100,000 miles on it.
  3. Z

Weird ABS problem help

Yes it’s a 4wd. I can see the ring from where the sensor goes in. Maybe I knocked some crap into it. I swear also I saw a missing tooth I’ll have to look again. Thanks !
  4. Z

Weird ABS problem help

Hey thanks ! I’ll see if I can do that not sure as I don’t have a dongle or anything. Yes both sides are the same part number for my truck. When I got hard on the brakes the abs activated and pulled to the left. So I’m guessing the side that’s having the abs problem (right front) just wasn’t...
  5. Z

Weird ABS problem help

Hey all On my 2002 sport trac 4x4 over the last year the abs lite would randomly come on. And at times when almost coming to a stop the abs would kick in. So this summer I replaced the rear sensor, still the same thing. so today I got a right hand front sensor (that’s all they had figured I’d...
  6. Z

Rattling noise from engine compartment

Mine kinda sounds like that hot or cold. I only have 97,000 miles. There is no sound from the motor when I’m actually driving it tho. Only at idle can I hear mine. It’s not as loud as yours either. Been like that since I bought it a year ago. Not sure I’ll do anything as it hasn’t gotten any...
  7. Z

ISO used 2001 sport trac hard topper

I have a nice hard top toneau cover. To bad I’m in bc Canada tho!
  8. Z

Interior A pillar trim question, Broken clip

Ya most are eBay in the us to get them to Canada is a lot of shipping. Which sucks. Either way ya the trim doesn’t move or rattle around. So I think I’ll probably leave it for now. If it does I’ll just stick some foam behind it. Thanks hey
  9. Z

Interior A pillar trim question, Broken clip

Just wondering if I should even worry or just leave it as is. On my 2002 st the driver side interior A pillar trim. The part that goes along the top of the window the last most clip is broken off the trim. Doubt I’ll find a good trim piece at all who knows? But it looks like the clip part is...
  10. Z

Sunroof not working Help!

Ya dumb move I know. I’ll check it out this weekend. thanks all
  11. Z

Ok perfect thank you!
  12. Z

That just it I’m not sure what one it would be ? It’s the fuse box under the hood? I don’t have a manual to know what one it is. Can they pop that fast when they are frozen? Thanks
  13. Z

Anyone ? :)
  14. Z

Hey on my 2002 sport trac. It’s been a feeeze thaw type weather here the past while. On my way to work when the body flexed the sunroof was making a cracking noise. I’m guessing ice frozen around the seals. Etc? I hit the button to open it to see if it would stop after that and it didn’t even...
  15. Z

Serp Belt_98 Eddie Bauer 4.0 SOHC

I just replaced mine with a oem ford one and a dayco belt. Works nice and quiet
  16. Z

Serp Belt_98 Eddie Bauer 4.0 SOHC

What they mean by air pump is a air pump for the emission system. Not for the air ride.
  17. Z

Engine temp gauge question

not sure I just had my buddy from the dealer order it from my vin. Just go to the dealer and get one only $25 bucks and get the gasket also.
  18. Z

Engine temp gauge question

Mine was doing that. I replaced it with a oem one from ford and it’s in the middle now and works perfect.
  19. Z

Possible thermostat problem need help

Replaced the thermostat and the gauge is right in the middle and never moves now. Works perfect and makes mega heat all the time. Thanks all. And easy job.
  20. Z

Ya I got the tstat today and I’m going to replace it this weekend. And I’ll let ya all know
  21. Z

Ya that’s the plan I’ll change the thermostat (which looks pretty easy to change) and go from there. Thanks all.
  22. Z

Ya I can see on the gauge it opening and closing. And when I start it and let it run for a few with the rad cap off there is no flow into the rad. Also when I’m moving it makes burning hot heat. It’s still hot at idle just not as hot. Fan is easy to turn by hand. It really doesn’t sound loud at...
  23. Z

On my 2002 sport trac. This may be normal but I just want to make sure. It’s been around -10 c the last few days. In this temp the truck sits outside. I drive a short 3 miles to work so it doesn’t go really far. I have noticed though the temp gauge goes about 1/4 way up only and when driving at...
  24. Z

Temp gauge bouncing and no heat

Sorry to hyjack this thread mine makes great heat in the winter my gauge never goes over what’s in my picture. It will go down a bit from there for a little bit then back to that point. But runs well and makes good hear. Normal for winter I guess. If I remember in the summer it pretty well stays...
Back