Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

2021 order availability and lead-time?

Nope that’s coming in 2023 and it will be one of the firsts to have the new Android OS so you can share your data and feed it straight to Google.
  2. H

2021 Explorer Automatic Full-time AWD

This video is applicable to the previous gen Explorer...fantastic AWD!
  3. H

Do I have intelligent 4wd or no?

Something is strange - these are supposed to come out of factory either with Goodyears or Michelins...
  4. H

Yep! It’s only Lariat+ that gets the more advanced transfer case and honestly it works great - I have a 2020 with 4A... the only thing is with our truck, we can lock in H to avoid certain driving situations and the Explorer people can’t
  5. H

and that's exactly why a FWD based AWD vehicle is the preferred choice for the majority of drivers, it is a lot more predictable and easy to control...0 slip. Ford should have included a 4WD lock in the Explorer...maybe one can achieve this by playing around with the modes? my 2016 Explorer...
  6. H

What you are experiencing here is the difference between a 4WD auto-RWD based (like your old 2007 Explorer) vs the previous generation Explorer 4WD-FWD based... my F150, when in 4WD auto, works exactly the same way you described - you feel the 4WD kicking in, but you lose 4WD around corners...
  7. H

What are your thoughts so far?

True but the weight kills it...that engine moves another 900lbs or so
  8. H

Which is built side by side with the Explorer
  9. H

While you are right on this, flashing the vehicle will change its behaviour...for example, you brick the ECU or a change that was introduced to the ECU, leads to catastrophic engine failure because of the recoding...lots can go wrong and Ford will be within their rights to deny a warranty...
  10. H

2020 Explorer - Harsh Shifting

Initiate a buy back now, there’s no easy fix for the transmission - a new one will yield the same results and next thing you know they will be telling you that the vehicle is working as expected
  11. H

2020 hybrid engine setting

FYI Ford calls the Explorer a performance hybrid...and it was tuned to deliver more torque and towing NOT fuel economy... you can see that by matching up the numbers of the hybrid and the 2.3T but it becomes clear when you compare to a hybrid designed to save gas - its mpg can’t hold a candle...
  12. H

I am honestly shocked you'd recommend given the transmissions issues....can you imagine what happens to it when it gets to that 50k miles range?....gosh....Ford might be in for another major recall - a la DCT....
  13. H

2020 hybrid engine setting

Nope there’s no way to do that...the hybrid focus isn’t fuel economy.
  14. H

2020 2.3 engine slow to warm up

This is def weird...I have a F150 2.7 and the engine warms up pretty quickly - usually by the time I hit the first light - about 4min away, I am already getting heat and 3 bars...
  15. H

2020 2.3 engine slow to warm up

Your guess is dead wrong - you want engines to warm up as fast as they can to achieve full efficiency!!! Cold = more gas to maintain full operation.
  16. H

2020 Hybrid Hypermiling tips?

Yup, walk to a Toyota dealer and buy a Highlander hybrid.... the system in the Explorer isn’t designed to do what you want it to do...it’s focus is performance, hence why the mpgs are about the same as the 2.3T....it’s a pity honestly, we want efficient hybrids not what Ford delivered.
  17. H

Explorer ST vs Palisade Limited

You have to test drive both...the current gen Explorer is full of issues, these go beyond just normal issues you'd find in a 1st year product....I got rid of mine for a F150, had tons of electrical issues and the transmission went from acceptable to not acceptable as it learned my driving style...
  18. H

2021 Explorer Prices Reduced, Roof Rails Optional on ST.

nope...take a look...as of Q3 2020 Ford lost the battle to Toyota. The announcement you were referring to was as of Q2 2020...Toyota had several issues starting up production of the 2021 Highlander due to Covid...The price structure for 2021 should help...but not sure by how much, we've seen...
  19. H

2021 Explorer Prices Reduced, Roof Rails Optional on ST.

Excepted move, I’ve been singing the price song for a long time... the reduction almost fixes the price against the competition, another $3k and it will be better positioned to compete... Ford has taken notice, this generation so far has been a flop in terms of sales - the Highlander and JGC...
  20. H

Short Journey Coming to an End....

Honestly, anyone paying $60k for an Explorer is getting hosed - even $50k! Go get yourself a nice BMW X5 with 4y of free maintenance...yup, it’s a 2.0T but it offers similar performance numbers to the ST #weight
  21. H

Had meeting with Aviator Engineers today!! - Issues/etc

Nothing like beta testing product with paying customers! Great job...Ford learned a lot from Tesla.
  22. H

CEO Jim Hackett article

This is a deep reflection of the hole Ford is in...the newly launched Explorer and Escape are a shame for the company’s legacy in terms of quality and they can barely compete with the Asian products... Ford is being left behind and only the blind can’t see, abandoning the car market was a bad...
  23. H

Wind / Whistle Noise from Front Door / Mirror?

I think that’s a price problem...for the price of a XLT without many options one can pretty much get the top line from -well- ALL the competitors. Ford may need to adjust the Explorer’s price quite a bit. That $8k large increase they slapped on the 2020 is not looking good.
Back