Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. ElectronFlow

Horn problems

You could cut the horn wire leading to the clock spring and insulate both ends. 96 Explorer horn wire location
  2. ElectronFlow

turn signal activation/deactivation

Found it. Ran into Jason before and his "my way or the highway" sales tactics.
  3. ElectronFlow

Explorer Recall Notices Received

Front seat becomes a bed. The Samsonite Gorillas worked those bags over good too.
  4. ElectronFlow

Horn problem

Could be as simple as corroded contacts under the horn springs. I just replaced the cruise control buttons on my 2001 Ranger XLT today. Not even a 20 minute job. Waiting for the battery and 30 minutes to de-energize the airbag just in case took longer. \No need to unplug the airbag. Tuck in top...
  5. ElectronFlow

How High Do I Have to Raise the Ex to Drop the Trans?

Guy I graduated high school with died 2 years later using cinder blocks on his car. $20 bucks is worth a life, that Harbor store has a pair of 3 ton stands for $18.99 with coupon. At least use a ditch deep enough to get the transmission out if no jack stands.
  6. ElectronFlow

Explorer Recall Notices Received

"Seat back load test" Put feet on dash and push backwards as hard as they can to see if incremental adjustments pop? Sounds like how they instruct the techs they hire in Georgia. Get it done as fast as possible --> $$.
  7. ElectronFlow

2013 PIU Explorer Repairs

After getting the free of charge O2 sensor and wiring repaired I find the retainer clip for the O2 sensor to engine harness connector was broken and it was just thrown against the firewall on the 18th. CEL stored 2 codes. P0456 EVAP small leak and P2237 positive voltage discrepancy for the same...
  8. ElectronFlow

Wife had driven Ceptor over 300 miles NP. She comes home and tells me the CEL is on. Code P2251 shows powertrain control module (PCM) has detected a negative current discrepancy in the upstream oxygen (O2) sensor for engine bank number one, Sensor 1. Having just had both front and rear cats...
  9. ElectronFlow

Steeda's New Lowering Springs

Pricing is almost $34 less minus shipping each at a close warehouse than Steeda for the Bilstein front struts. Largest retailer has the Bilstein rears for +$17 cheaper each and free ship. Less than $4-- small including travel for Bilstein shocks/struts on all 4 corners not including my labor...
  10. ElectronFlow

Third brake light location

I would look for that same wire in the drivers foot kick panel behind the emergency brake pedal. Look forward from that point at the firewall. There is usually a point at which Ford had brought power in from the battery to the under dash fuse block. It may be well hidden in a rubber grommet...
  11. ElectronFlow

Transfer case fluid: XL-12 or Mercon V

I can still get Type F, Mercon/Dexron III, Dex/Mercon LV in gallons, at an everyday brick and mortar store, with cheap $ pricing over national parts chain stores, you just have to know where to look. Available in my area, maybe not in your area. Look for the "spark". The Mercon LV is $4.50 a...
  12. ElectronFlow

Hello!

Welcome NCM_9049
  13. ElectronFlow

Steeda's New Lowering Springs

The other components designed to work with a set of springs. The shocks and struts. Compression and rebound rates matter over stock. I know the rear shocks on our PIU are made in CHINA. Has anyone looked under their Explorers to see country of manufacturer of their shocks and/or struts?
  14. ElectronFlow

PTU service question

Reminds me of those trying to convince everyone to change their engine oil at 3 months or 3K miles. Piece of mind for me changing the PTU gear oil, why would one want to risk destroying an expensive part like this ?
  15. ElectronFlow

New member introduction

Welcome nato guzman !
  16. ElectronFlow

Old school military splice. Many today cut the wire, strip and use the heat shrink butt connectors in the appropriate wire gauge size with two wires coming in one end of the butt connector and one wire out the other. They have the heat shrink connectors with solder built into the center so no...
  17. ElectronFlow

Take the 2 screws out of the 3rd brake light, this will show you the color of the wire going to the brake light. You will then know what color to look for in the driver's kick panel or threshold moulding to tap into to run a wire in wire loom to the rear of the truck to connect to the spoiler...
  18. ElectronFlow

Hello Everyone!!! New member here

Welcome Appa
  19. ElectronFlow

front wheel bearings @ 128k miles

Goodyear Ultra Grip 103T, they have a snowflake on the sidewall. Took ours off and put Michelin Latitude Tour 105T on, including the spare. Bought extra steel wheels for $85ea. and have a winter set of tires now. Our PIU came from PA, so I could see the Ultra Grips being on it in November. Did...
  20. ElectronFlow

Still having dash light issues

Switch appears to have an illumination (light) issue as you described the 4x4 is engaging. The switch housing itself doesn't look very disassembly friendly, as if one could take it apart to determine the cause of the lighting issue. Power would be going into the switch to activate the...
  21. ElectronFlow

Rhythmic / pulsating static on AM radio only when moving

The "Blind Spot" BLIS Cross Traffic-Alert FORD CO-PILOT360™ system could be the culprit then.
  22. ElectronFlow

Motorcraft Mount

Not specifically changed them on the Explorer 5.0 but have changed them on a 1971 Mustang with a 351 Cleveland. Broke the driver's side from the torque. Chose the Napa branded mounts at that time in the 1980s due to the cost of the FoMoCo. Never had a problem with the motor mounts from that...
  23. ElectronFlow

"Ceptor" back in service today. Made its 51 mile haul to work for the wife. Best note she stated was the CEL stayed off the entire trip. LoL. No exhaust smell entering the cabin at idle due to the new gifts of catalytic converters from FoMoCo. After all said and done, not as bad as I thought...
  24. ElectronFlow

"Ceptor" is back in service. No leaks from rear diff. No exhaust smell in cabin from new...

"Ceptor" is back in service. No leaks from rear diff. No exhaust smell in cabin from new catalytic converter gifts from FoMoCo.
  25. ElectronFlow

Motorcraft Mount

Wondering if those are NOS ? The time on the shelf vs degradation of the "rubber" mount ? That sure is an expensive part for being OEM. F87Z6038HA is the right side. Were it my money, I'd go with a new manufacturer at 1/5th the cost with a lifetime warranty.
Back