Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

New v3.0 Build Available

Has anyone tried to contact Ford over the website issue?
  2. F

Treadwear Issue with Ventus S1 Noble 2 Hankooks

Aren't there any other tires that fit? I groove 20k+ miles per year so I'm not looking forward to replacing tires every year, Thankfully the tires on my limited were new when I bought it, but I'm 5k miles in already. Lol
  3. F

New android auto, Waze, and volume issues

My android auto app on my phone recently gave me the option to trial the "new" android auto early or wait for the full rollout. I opted to do it early, as did my husband (he has an F250 super duty). The user interface is much nicer and it's easy to switch between the Sync interface and AA...
  4. F

Bluetooth suddenly stopped working

I haven't. I'm afraid of losing the updates that I spent 3 hours of my time getting Ford to do for free for me because I couldn't get them for some reason, and I'm out of warranty.
  5. F

Yes that's the search feature I used. I just searched "bluetooth" as being too specific got me nothing useful. Granted, I didn't have time to read through over 4000 posts on bluetooth though, but I at least tried since that's always what everyone suggests first. That's interesting that a...
  6. F

Ford ESP at dealer cost to forum members

I live in Florida, is Florida still not eligible for this through you? And if not, I assume my food dealer that does the inspection can help?
  7. F

Yes I tried searching, but got 4,000+ threads, and the first 15 or so didn't really help me. I'm not sure what else to try, or if anyone else has a similar issue. The Ex is a 2018 Limited with Nav. I've only had it 2 months, but it has 45k miles so no warranty, thus a trip to the dealership...
  8. F

Ford ESP at dealer cost to forum members

What makes a car qualify or not for ESP? I have a used '18 that's out of warranty of course and I'm regretting not getting the extended warranty through my bank 2 months ago when I got the car. :(
  9. F

WeatherTech floormats

My hubs bought me a full set of Husky Xact mats! Just randomly. He's the beast. I'm excited for them to come! Well, the Hubs sweetly ordered me a full set of Husky contour mats yesterday! I can't wait to get them installed.
  10. F

broken latch on 07 explorer console lid

The console on the 2018 has a different latch mechanism I realized after posting here, so that didn't help sadly. I wish it would!
  11. F

Broken center console latch

I can't even figure out how it comes apart. I'm guessing it's all plastic clips as I see no screws, but I'm afraid it'll break more pulling it apart.
  12. F

New v3.0 Build Available

No one could ever figure out why I couldn't update either, and I couldn't even get the last build. I wish they couldn't found a reason, as for all i know I'll never get updates, lol
  13. F

2018 Explorer Speaker Install

I'm considering eventually upgrading my speakers as well. Keep me posted on how it sounds - I was wondering if just upgraded speakers would be enough.
  14. F

2016, 2017, 2018 Explorer Sport Trim- Why?

I rarely feel the need to start mine from that far away. I might feel differently about that if I lived somewhere very cold or something though. Lol
  15. F

I think I started it from my phone once. Lol. I have however unlocked it and then relocked it from inside my job when my husband has come to pick up or drop off something. That's kinda cool, since I can't get the door panel code to work. I don't think that Ford app feature lasts forever...
  16. F

I would go 2017 or newer for the Sync 3.0. I think 2016 still came with Sync 2. I passed on a 2016 partly because of that, and because they all had more miles. I drive enough on my own, and I disliked the Sync 2 interface and lag. I have an 18 Limited that has the wifi hotspot. That's only...
  17. F

Broken center console latch

The latch on the lid of the center console of my 18 Ex broke tonight. the latch itself isn't actually broken, but the rod/spring that hold it in place came apart I guess, so it's all floppy. Is there any way to fix this without replacing the whole lid? I searched the forum and online but...
  18. F

How to: AFE Bias - How to correct your MPG readout/display

I need to try this on mine. I'm regularly about 1-1.5 mpg less than what the car thinks.
  19. F

broken latch on 07 explorer console lid

Resurrecting an old thread as this is my issue. The center console latch broke. Is there really no replacement latch? It seems there should be a way to replace just the latch? I have a 2018 limited.
  20. F

New v3.0 Build Available

I have Nav in my Ex as well.
  21. F

New v3.0 Build Available

Because I'm out of warranty the dealership wanted to charge me $135 just to diagnose the problem. They never could find out why my car was 2 updates behind, So we have no idea if it will update un the future correctly. The update does seem to have fixed my bluetooth issues though.
  22. F

New v3.0 Build Available

Glad you had luck with that. I talked to 7 different people yesterday and spent over 2 hours on the phone and none of the people I talked to even understood the build number thing. They just kept saying i had sync 3.0 and that that was the current version...... when I asked to escalate or...
  23. F

New v3.0 Build Available

Yes I do. So does my husband and his F250 updated without issues.
  24. F

New v3.0 Build Available

I got a hold of a service manager at my local dealership and he OK'd them looking at it at no charge. They couldn't find any reason why it wouldn't show I had an update available, so they went ahead and did it at no charge to me, as they said this should fix the bluetooth connectivity issues...
  25. F

New v3.0 Build Available

Not if the car is out of warranty like mine. The dealership is free to charge whatever for their time to do the update
Back