Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

2.3L Blow off valve?

I know, seems silly, but wondering if anyone has put one of the Mustang specific blow valves or adapters from Steeda on their 2.3L? I thought it would be kinda funny to put on my wives Explorer. I know you get zero performance from it. Any reason one of the stang versions wouldn't work on the Ex?
  2. T

Aftermarket wheels

I love them so far, the grip is amazing. I dont get a lot of rain here though in SoCal so I can't speak to that yet, but the tread looks like it will handle the weather well.
  3. T

Why the tiny "cup holder" in front center console?

A redbull fits in there perfectly....
  4. T

Aftermarket wheels

Nailed it, that's exactly what they are. I went with the Toyo Proxes ST's, same size you listed. I loved the look of Ken's Explorer and knew my wife would dig it, they fit PERFECTLY. the offset is perfect, width is perfect. Really what stock 20's shouldve been.
  5. T

Time for tires

I just put on some 295/45R20 Toyo Proxes STIII's, love them so far. Quiet and the grip on these wide tires is amazing.
  6. T

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Yup, satin bronze, they're stunning IRL. I so want to lower it, but she's going to be towing her 4 seater RZR Pro 1000, so Im going to leave it for now.
  7. T

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Installed new Velgen 20x10.5's on my Wife's ride, loving the look and handling improvements.
  8. T

Aftermarket wheels

I dont think you'd have any issues with that size. Its a little narrower than the ones I just picked up, similar offset/backspacing. Should be good to go.
  9. T

Aftermarket wheels

Easy enough to calculate, Backspace = (Rim's Tire Width + 1)/2 + (Offset/25.4) So about 7.5", no rubbing or clearance issues that I can see.
  10. T

Aftermarket wheels

Got the Velgen's installed, they are absolutely beautiful wheels. Pictures dont do them justice. The ride is fantastic and the lateral grip is amazing compared to the skinny tires that were on there stock. Most importantly, the wifey is super happy. Happy wife = happy life :D Just gotta decide...
  11. T

Aftermarket wheels

You know it!
  12. T

Aftermarket wheels

Love your ride dude, its not my taste, but I love that you went balls out on the color. Thanks for the feedback. I talked to Velgen and they recommended the +45 as well. So I'm putting my order in today. I don't think I'll be lowering it, I might, but its my wife's kid hauler, not sure if she...
  13. T

Aftermarket wheels

For you guys that went with 20x10.50 wheels in a +45 offset, do you get any rubbing anywhere? I'm looking at the Velgen's specifically, they also make a +25 offset that is the same on the inner clearance as the stock 20x9's, but would push the outside of the wheel out 1.49" (over the stockers, I...
  14. T

Doors rattle when shutting them.

Well its good to know its not just mine then. I'll look at the doors this weekend and snap some picks if I add the butyl damper to it.
  15. T

Doors rattle when shutting them.

I've noticed that all my doors rattle when shutting them. It doesn't have that solid thunk you get from a nicely sound proofed/dampened door. It's from all 4 doors and it seems like it's the plastic outside mouldings rattling against the door when it shuts? Anyone else notice this? Thinking...
  16. T

Setting up an in-car LAN?

Why include the car at all, just get a portable wifi NAS and stream your videos anywhere, not just the car. RAVPower FileHub Plus, Wireless Travel Router, Portable SD Card,HDD Backup Unit, DLNA NAS Sharing Media Streamer 5200mAh External Battery Pack for Android, Laptop, Cellphone, Ipad Pro...
  17. T

Looking at a 16 and 17 Explorer XLT tomorrow...

I figured out the map and 2nd row pretty easily. I have a bag of those 194 COB type LEDs from other projects, so got those swapped. Just trying to figure out the rear cargo light. Ordered some more puddle LEDs too, thanks for the help!
  18. T

Thanks for the insight, I was looking at an AWD and the V6 before I started reading issues about the PTU and water pumps here. I plan on having this car for many years, so reliability was really high on our list. I'll check out the LED swap, I'm guessing most are the T10 type wedges? Off to...
  19. T

I picked up the 17 Magnetic Grey Ecoboost, wow, really enjoying this car so far. Dual moon roof, black leather, 2.3L EB, FWD, Sync 3 with NAV, tow package, BLIS, Auto tailgate. 15k miles and I got it for $25k out the door. Stoked on it and the wife is super happy. Looking at some Velgen VMB5...
  20. T

Sounds like Ill check out the Ecoboost first. Its about $3k more, but 15k miles instead of 32k, and I like the mpg/power better. Sounds like it might be worth it.
  21. T

Anything I should specifically be looking for? The 16 is a 3.5L and the 17 is a 2.3L Ecoboost. They are pretty much identical, other than Sync 3 in the 17. I have a 17 F250 diesel and am more than comfortable in FORscan, so I dont mind adding Sync 3 later if my wife wants it. Is there anything...
Back